Translate

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 593 of Giving Thanks

If I were look at my life from the eyes that I had a year ago, I would not believe what I saw. I would not believe what God has done in my life. I would not believe what has transpired. On this day last year, I was doing the same thing, preparing for a barbeque at our home and this day was the start of an enormous change in my life. And what started as one change, became many changes, all of which I am completely grateful.


I am thankful for the losses and heartache I experienced last year, for without them, I would not understand who God is for me. I would definitely not be where I am today. Some of these were losses of things that I had been hanging on to for dear life, but after finally letting go, I have gained many blessings.


Father, through complete brokenness You deliver hope and repair, every time. Thank You for giving me chance after chance, and even through disobedience and ignoring Your pleas, You continued to bring me through and to Your grace. Thank You for knowing whom I truly am, what my needs are and how to bring me nearer.

"The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful, a puzzle that no one can figure out. But I, God, search the heart and examine the mind. I get to the heart of the human. I get to the root of things. I treat them as they really are, not as they pretend to be." Jeremiah 17:9-10 (The Message)

I am done pretending to be in control, and I relinquish it to You. Today, although I still face challenges, I know that it is all right. That even through storms, challenges and heartache, I have You to pull me through.

Thank You Father.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me