Translate

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 608 of Giving Thanks

There is so much excitement in the discovery of who I am with God in charge. I can look back, not so long ago, and see a very different outlook. I know this is something I mention quite a bit. And, it all really comes down to one thing in my life. And, it is spelled, g.r.a.t.i.t.u.d.e!

Every moment of every day I will find reasons to be thankful... living in gratitude is honoring what Jesus did for us. And, for the gift of giving thanks daily, that God prompted me to do, and pushes me to continue and draws me nearer because of it, I am eternally and wholly grateful.

“His voice shook the earth then, but now he has made a promise: Still once more I will shake not only the earth but heaven also. The words “still once more” reveal the removal of what is shaken—the things that are part of this creation—so that what isn’t shaken will remain.  Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that can’t be shaken, let’s continue to express our gratitude. With this gratitude, let’s serve in a way that is pleasing to God with respect and awe, because our God really is a consuming fire.” ~Hebrews 12:26-30 (Common English Bible)

Pleasing God comes with loving God wholly, and trusting His promises. And, all those things are possible, because He loves you perfectly and completely. No matter what you have done, where you come from, with an open heart you can turn to Him and away from your past.

God, You are truly what I needed... then, today and tomorrow. Thank You for being here for me. Thank You for knowing that I would need you, and would be with You.

And, Lord, another day continues... a day that began by coming to You; It was my hope that I would come to You often today – and I have. It is my yearning, that when I do come to you, it’s not just to whine or complain, but to share my inner-most thoughts and desires, to be consoled by the knowledge that I am Yours, to hear Your promises as I start to doubt - to be in Your presence.

Over these days of writing, I have learned many lessons, yet the greatest of all is that I am Your, I am wonderfully made for a purpose that You have engineered just for me. And, even in the hardest of times, I know that I have the greatest opportunities to see You, God.  It makes sense to look toward You in all times, in the good times too, so You will recognize your voice.

Pleasing God comes with loving God wholly, and trusting His promises. And, all those things are possible, because He loves you perfectly and completely. No matter what you have done, where you come from, with an open heart you can turn to Him and away from your past.

There is a great satisfaction being at home and doing just the "normal" things - sweeping the floor, straightening up and making things look nice. That is what God wants us to do with our life. Sweep the things we don't need out the door. Straighten up by listening to Him. And, He makes our existence nice and secure...

My friends, His lessons for me have been logged, journaled and shared, and they are lasting reminders of where I came from. I know that when I look back, it is for reflective purposes only. Looking back is to provide me with perspective and insights to how I thought, and how I have changed my thinking.

If you are standing by to see what you can "get" from people, and "receive" from God... here's a thought... start giving to others and thanking God for what you already have - and you will be amazed at how blessed your life is.

We give because it's right and it is so rewarding to give, especially when the blessing is the joy of seeing someone else blessed in the process.

My friends, His lessons for me, may or may not be a lesson for you, but my hope is that through them, you may find a reason to seek Him more. My hope is that you will know Him intimately and love Him wholly. Today, find a reason to thank Him and honor Him through a life lived in gratitude.

Did you know that you are all wonderful and amazing children of God. And, God is speaking right now, He has something for you to hear. Keep your ears sharp, your eyes open and your heart ready.
My only wisdom is in You Father. My only comfort comes from You Father. My only joy is because of You Father.

God, You are truly what I needed... then, today and tomorrow. Thank You for being here for me. Thank You for knowing that I would need You and would be with You.

Do you know God personally? He knows you intimately… 

God's Love
"For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten ([a]unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.” ~ John 3:16 (Amplified Bible)
God's Plan
"Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent" ~John 17:3 (NIV). 

What is keeping you from knowing God personally?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me