Translate

Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 614 of Giving Thanks

“What does the Lord say?”
“Well, I haven’t heard anything yet!”
“Then wait, simply wait.”
“How long?”
“Until He speaks. Until you hear Him.”
“But I want it now. I can’t wait. I have waited for too long already. What have I been doing all this time?”
“Wait on the Lord. What He has for you is worth the wait. Trust that He knows your heart’s desires and will do what is good for you.”
“But…”

Have you ever had dialog like this? Sometimes we have it with others, other times we have it in the mirror. Has your heart been so set on something that no amount of pleading from reason would change your mind? And, did you look back on your conversation, especially when you took “your way”, and wondered “what was I thinking?”

"Love is never tired of waiting." ~1 Corinthians 13:4 (New International Version)

I believe we are swooned by the world and by the lure of things that “look good”, “sound good” and “feel good”.  I believe that all along, God’s voice is right there pleading for us to listen, just a little harder for Him, and a little longer for His reason. Because He loves us so greatly, He may ask us to “wait”.

“You also must wait patiently, strengthening your resolve, because the coming of the Lord is near.” ~James 5:8 (Common English Bible)

It is in the “wait” that He is building us up. It is in the “wait” that we are gain stamina. It is in the “wait” that we grow patient and steadfast in our faith. It is in the “wait” that we become grateful for the “ready set go”.

“I hope, LORD. My whole being hopes, and I wait for God’s promise.” ~ Psalm 130:5 (Common English Bible)

I am to wait on the Lord. And, although my flesh says, “no” and at times, “no way”, I will wait in His strength. I will give up the flesh and be moved through the strength of the Holy Spirit. I will be diligent in my efforts to count on the power that has been freely given, and sacrificially offered.

“He answered me: “This is the LORD’s word to Zerubbabel: Neither by power, nor by strength, but by my spirit, says the LORD of heavenly forces.”” ~Zechariah 4:6 (Common English Bible)

When we look toward God, He will reveal the goodness in our lives, He will show us that what is from Him is good, and often what we desire, is less than His goodness. I have found that when I doubt that God’s way is better, I will search for the “my better”, the enemy is there to show it all to us – all that the world sees as “good”. Lord, keep me from being deceived; the enemy weaves the story much differently than that of truth. I  may be looking right into the eyes of a sincere blessing, but the enemy has weaved his story. I am learning that I must never take my eyes off God; I must look through my circumstances with eyes that see truth, listen for His word and, let go of what is not God. It is for my good, it is good and it is all for His glory.

"When I was waiting quietly for the Lord, His heart was turned to me, and He gave ear to my cry." ~Psalms 40:1

“…endurance brings God's approval, and his approval creates hope. This hope does not disappoint us, for God has poured out his love into our hearts by means of the Holy Spirit, who is God's gift to us.” ~Romans 5:4-5 (Good News Translation)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me