Translate

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 611 of Giving Thanks

I have so much to be thankful for, and so much to write about, yet it is one of those days, when I wait to hear Him speak. Today He has given me the same word many times.

HUMILITY – my definition today is HUManIty in his LIghT for You

Today I heard from and had an opportunity to talk with a couple of friends who are also my mentors; godly people who I learn from every day, and who stretch me and help me learn more about who I am with God. That is an awesome thing. I am grateful for the journey I am on, and the amazing people I come in contact with every day. In my growth of becoming less of me, and more of Him, I find many moments of praise and reflection.

The objective in all this is humility.

It is a “me thing” to learn to be humble and act in humility, it is a God thing to be humble at heart. Being humble is not something I can do on my own. In an effort to “be” humble, I believe my focus shifts too much on myself, rather than my heavenly Father. And it is only with Him that I will be the best me.

There are many ways to do something, but there is only one best way.
It is my objective is to find that “best way”… and the best way is His way in His timing.

‎"It is beautiful how God has done everything at the right time. He has put a sense of eternity in people’s minds. Yet, mortals still can’t grasp what God is doing from the beginning to the end of time." Ecclesiastes 3:11 (GOD’S WORD Translation)

Without Him I am breathless, with Him I breathe for the first time.

I love to soar Lord... and I know that with you, with me, that is exactly what I can do.

I believe we spend so much of our life trying to figure out what we are all about. And, quite simply, for today’s purpose anyway, I believe it is all about what we can do for others. I believe it is all about what we can learn as we grow in our relationship with the Father. I believe it is all about how we do our life.

Build others up and live an amazing life. Regardless of what others do for me... it is wise to do so. And, as I hear these words pass from my mind, to my mind’s ears and to the page earlier today, I asked myself, “Is this what I do? Do I encourage others to the “best” of my ability? Do I build them up with the guide of the Holy Spirit to ensure that I am doing it in honor of His word?

I have thought many times about the last year – a year to be grateful for – a year of lessons – a year of challenge, fear and pain for sure, but most of all it is the lessons that have delivered blessing upon blessing and miracle upon miracle. There truly are no words to describe what God has so beautifully orchestrated in my life. Lord, when I have a loss or a challenge, there are so many moments in the moving through, when it has been too hard to move forward. But as I move, I remember that when I move toward You, You move with me and have already prepared the way.

And as I continue this walk with You, I don’t want to miss a thing – and I invite you, my friends, to do the same. Don't miss out on something great, because it looks hard. The rewards of hard are often the greatest gifts of all. He is the giver of great hope, abundant grace, unending love and His life for yours. So, every morning as you start your day, don't forget to "rest in Him". Come to Him and thank Him for the things He does, the times He waits and the answers He gives. Rest in Him, for it is the “best” thing.

“The fear of the LORD is discipline leading to wisdom, and humility comes before honor.” ~Proverbs 15:33 (GOD’S WORD Translation)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me