Translate

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 654 of Giving Thanks

I cannot contain myself lately. I just love talking, sharing and living God. Deeply… wholly… confidently… earnestly… soulfully… prayerfully, I go through my day and it is like having the sunshine on my face on a cold morning; feeling the tingle on my skin, and knowing that it is going to be a great day!

I love my life. I love who I am becoming. I love God. I love friend and foe. I love the thoughts that run through my mind. And, no I am not on drugs, but I am under an influence, one that has no limits, boundaries or faults. The influence is the perfect wisdom, counsel and tenderness of He who Jesus sent for us to house within us.

“God, you did everything you promised, and I'm thanking you with all my heart. You pulled me from the brink of death, my feet from the cliff-edge of doom. Now I stroll at leisure with God in the sunlit fields of life.” ~Psalm 56:12-13

Awe, I love when things just come through the keyboard...
… and this speaks to me, “The Lord is not waiting to show Himself to you, He is right there, waiting for you to see.”

"You did it: you changed wild lament into whirling dance; You ripped off my black mourning band and decked me with wildflowers. 


I'm about to burst with song; I can't keep quiet about you. God, my God, I can't thank you enough." ~Psalm 30:11-12

My life has been like a ball room dance, and although I step on my partners toes over and over, He still leads, He gently corrects the steps that are wrong and encourages through the ones that are correct and rightly taken. When I began, not only did I have two left feet, but at times felt like I had no feet at all, based on the number of times I stumbled, fell, faltered and tried to lead when the path was still clouded with things of my past. But it is through grace, His grace, and the will to be His wholly that I am learning to recognize His will and allow Him to lead.

Psalm 149
“Praise the LORD. Sing to the LORD a new song, His praise in the assembly of his faithful people. Let Israel rejoice in their Maker; let the people of Zion be glad in their King. Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with timbrel and harp. 


For the LORD takes delight in his people; He crowns the humble with victory. Let his faithful people rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds.


May the praise of God be in their mouths and a double-edged sword in their hands, to inflict vengeance on the nations and punishment on the peoples, to bind their kings with fetters, their nobles with shackles of iron, to carry out the sentence written against them—this is the glory of all his faithful people.  
Praise the LORD.” (NIV)

Thank You Heavenly Father, that I cannot contain myself because of Your grace, Your mercy and Your favor... Your love and tenderness are my strength, courage and witness.

I have learned many things along this path, across this dance floor and through these mighty rivers. And, there are times when I know that others just say, "really, Shawn, enough! So much God". When you believe, you have been promised eternity in heaven. Are you living like a redeemed heart and mind that has that AMAZINGNESS waiting?

How, you might ask, have I arrived here? It is through love and not regiment, or consistency for that matter, it is what my  heart has pulled me toward that makes this such a wonderful life. It is a relationship. A relationship that has grown and matured; and one that is based on, and securely placed through trust.

I spent years 'trying' to be consistent and only ended up frustrated that 'I wasn't where I should be'. And, God spoke, gently into my life and I have learned how to hear Him continually and firmly.

His desires for my life are abundant, pure and perfect. It’s time to believe it through my human heart and mind, and see it through His heavenly eyes. I will continue to be swept off my feet, a right and a left one, I will continue to praise His every plan and outcome for my life, and I will continue to yearn for His will to be my desires.

”Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.” ~Psalm 37:4 (Amplified Bible)



© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406




No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me