Translate

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 678 of Giving Thanks

Several years ago I kept getting laryngitis, it left me helpless when it came to getting any point across; however there were a few times when I spoke at hardly distinguishable tones, that people would lean in more and they would listen more intently.

Through the years, my prayer life (my faith) felt like that impediment… like I just had no voice when it came to talking to God; all my words, jumbled and discombobulated, would hit “nowhere” and be lost or gone forever. But really, it’s when we “feel” like we are unheard, as we continue to go to Him, seek Him that He leans in more and listens more intently to us.

Praying out loud and praying in general use to be really tough for me... I never knew what to say, how to say it; often I felt awkward and out of touch. So, I started with simple things through the day. I learned that I do not need to sit forever and pray. I can pray little moments during my day, and before I knew it, I am praying volumes to God...

Friends, just start talking, the Holy Spirit will know your heart and deliver it perfectly...

Today my body rebels and I am reminded that there is so much need for God’s strength to get through so many days. It is my LORD, my Father who helps me to remain in His presence – more than ever as I go through all the moments of my days. I will accomplish all things through Christ Jesus, especially the things that seem impossible.

”I have strength for all things in Christ who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].” ~Philippians 4:13 (Amplified Bible)

This may sound strange and even off base to most people, but I would not know joy without all the pain and suffering I have gone through. And, today, I am grateful that I have this outlook and this ability to look back on my circumstances and have seen so much movement. My emotional well-being has depended on the need to run to Him, and watching Him work in so many areas.

“The memory of your generosity is an abiding joy to me ~
It has been a great joy to me that after all this time you have shown such interest in my welfare. I don’t mean that you had forgotten me, but up till now you had no opportunity of expressing your concern. Nor do I mean that I have been in actual need, for I have learned to be content, whatever the circumstances may be. I know now how to live when things are difficult and I know how to live when things are prosperous. In general and in particular I have learned the secret of facing either poverty or plenty. I am ready for anything through the strength of the one who lives within me.” ~Philippians 4:10-13 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)

Much of the anxiety that I felt when I prayed was some of the “things” I carried and moved with me from destination to destination. Have you ever moved and spent days, weeks and sometimes months unpacking? And, you go through the boxes and cartons, wondering, "Where did I put that.... or wonder if I packed it at all... hmmmm, what's at the bottom of that pile.... or will I ever be settled"?

Forgiveness can be like that. We spend so much time unpacking, and going through the emotions, and at times wonder, "Where did I put that all these years? I wonder if I will ever be rid of these feelings."

Well, we don't have to waste our time unpacking, packing and repacking to come back to it all... we can once and for all, GIVE IT ALL TO GOD. Ask Him to take what is hindering your ability to finally settle in.

He can handle all of it, even and especially the unforgivable and unforgettable things that are tucked away, deep in the recesses of your heart and mind.

For me, it's not about forgiving myself, it's understanding God’s forgiveness has revealed so much joy with that freedom. I still have a long way to go, but I am at ease with all the unpacking that has been done.

”The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, a Savior [Who saves]! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing.” ~Zephaniah 3:17 (Amplified Bible)

Lord we come to You today and ask that You remove, replace and restore whatever needs to be according to Your will. Give us rest in Your resting place and let our only hiding place be You. Thank You for hearing our voices, for being ever-present when we call, or cry out. Thank You for giving me the ability to see joy always.

“Each of them will be like a shelter from the wind and a place to hide from storms. They will be like streams flowing in a desert, like the shadow of a giant rock in a barren land.” ~Isaiah 32:2 (Good News Translation)


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                        
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/ 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me