Translate

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 682 of Giving Thanks

Today’s thankfulness can be summed up in one verse, “That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” ~2 Corinthians 12:10 (New International Version)

I would not have chosen this time, but I am grateful for it. And there is nothing in my life that is “bad” or “out of control”, but I know that now is a time for many lessons. As I moderate and participate in some small and large groups, there is a pattern among believers. It is one of reaching and asking by many… so many of us are reaching up, waiting for God to grab hold -  but what we should be doing is allowing Him to raise us up and be with Him. For me, I am learning to ask less for me, and more for others – that is just where I am in my walk. I find that as I pray for others or do for others, my needs are fulfilled, and my desires become clearer.

I have a long way to go, but don’t we all? Yet it is when I truly look at my life, and how far He has brought me, that I realize the journey ahead is gonna be just fine.

I am learning that some of the best prayers are the ones that I bring to the Holy Spirit, when my own spirit is broken, confused or apprehensive. I know it is when I finally breakdown and pour my heart out to the Lord, and I know others are praying for me that I see the power of prayer in my life... I know that God wants to hear from me, not just those on behalf of me.

Let me just close simply tonight, if you are going through something, everything or anything – know that it is all worth it. Stay focused on Him and you will be brought through whatever it is.
  
KNOW THIS... 
He loves you greatly. More than you will ever understand or comprehend. Just remember He humbled Himself by coming here, taught, was betrayed by someone close to Him, suffered, loved others, healed through His touch and though, died a tortuous death.... and rose to show us who He is. Father God, Jesus our savior and He who dwells in us, the Holy Spirit. KNOW THIS... He did it for you.

"Be strong. Take courage. Don't be intimidated. Don't give them a second thought because God, your God, is striding ahead of you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down; He won't leave you." ~Deuteronomy 31:6 (The Message)






© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta               
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/ 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406 

1 comment:

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me