Translate

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 659 of Giving Thanks

I have found when I don’t feel well, everything is “off”; it has been a couple of days like that. I have had the most difficult time concentrating and focusing on what is right before more. And, all day, I would start to pray about what I would write about and, almost immediately, I would get distracted. I just can’t seem to connect the dots, or connect the brain with the desire. I desire to sit down, read and absorb; what I get is a tremendous fog and words that jump off the page and land nowhere.

But my prayers are not jumbled or distorted or unorganized once they leave my lips, my mind or my heart. For as they are handed over to the Holy Spirit, I know that they are in great hands. And, for that I am extremely thankful.

“Let us give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the merciful Father, the God from whom all help comes!4 He helps us in all our troubles, so that we are able to help others who have all kinds of troubles, using the same help that we ourselves have received from God.” ~1 Corinthians 1:3-4 (GW)

So tonight, as I allow all my needs to be given up to the Lord, I close my eyes and trust that they will all be heard compassionately and completely. And, I know this, because of all the times I have been here before.

“But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.” ~John 14:26 (NIV)

I am very comforted that others have gone before me, cried out to the LORD for comfort, mercy and healing, and they were answered. I count on His answers to my prayers and love to know that they are all answered.

LORD, don’t hold back your tender mercies from me. I love reading through the Psalms. Tonight I read Psalms 40 and 86; both are an amazing comfort.

“Hear me, LORD, and answer me, for I am poor and needy. Guard my life, for I am faithful to you; save your servant who trusts in you. You are my God; 3 have mercy on me, Lord, for I call to you all day long. Bring joy to your servant, Lord, for I put my trust in you.
You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you. Hear my prayer, LORD; listen to my cry for mercy. When I am in distress, I call to you, because you answer me.” ~Psalm 86:1-7 
“I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.” ~Psalm 86:12 (NIV)


“He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the LORD.” ~Psalm 40:3 (NLT)

It’s time to rest, to allow the work to be done; the delivery of my heart and needs, graciously, perfectly and wholly to my mighty God.  Thank You Lord for the days when I am “off”, so I remember that You are always here to make it all “on” and right.





© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me