Translate

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 673 of Giving Thanks by Darci Escandon

 Never Make your Rear view mirror larger than your windshield... if you do, you'll always be looking in the past!

Often times, it seems that I get caught up in my past. Not as much as I used to, but it still happens. My past is a part of me, it has helped me build character and thicker skin, but it doesn't define who I am. God does that.

Don't define yourself by what happened in the past. Define yourself by the hope you have in Jesus.

“I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions, for My own sake,   and remembers your sins no more.” ~Isaiah 43:25 (NIV)

When we ask for forgiveness, it is granted. We need only ask once. Why would we want to hold onto it? When we don’t forgive ourselves after asking God for His forgiveness, it’s like we are telling Him what He is offering is not good enough. Don’t live in the lie of the enemy. God has forgiven you and He has blotted it out as promised in His word!

“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”  ~1 John 1:9 (ESV)
“There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” ~Romans 8:1 (ESV)
“Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.” ~Luke 15:7 (ESV)

We all have a past. There is a phrase that says, “My past has come back to haunt me”. I think this happens to everyone…I know it has happened to me. When that happens, when those memories come flooding back, it’s so easy to get pulled into the emotions that are triggered in me. But, it’s those emotions that steel my joy. Do not let the enemy steal your joy!

“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” ~John 10:10 (ESV)

The last thing the enemy wants is for us to recognize the forgiveness that has been extended to us. He doesn’t want us to know:

“My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.”  ~1 John 2:1 (ESV)
“He will again have compassion on us; He will tread our iniquities underfoot. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea.” ~Micah 7:19 (ESV)

God loves us so much, that He sent His Son to die for our sins. That deserves praise. I know it’s hard to praise God when we are feeling guilt or sorrow or pain or anger… Yet, the one thing we should cry out in thanks for every day is the fact that Jesus died for our sins and because of the blood shed on the cross, we have been given grace and mercy and forgiveness. If you are living in guilt and beating yourself up over some choice or action that you made, let it go. Lay it at the cross because God has forgotten it already… and so should you. Praise His name today!!!

Thank you Lord for being You. Thank you for my past and my present and the future to come. Thank You for the pain for it is through the tears and the anguish that I feel Your presence and know that You are near. Thank You for being in control in my life! Amen!




© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Darci Escandon
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me