Translate

Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 675 of Giving Thanks

It has been an amazing few days in the Word… as I pray, “Lord, reveal Your truth always for me. Lord, confirm Your path for my life. Lord, light the darkness that creeps in. Lord, heal all that is not right and is evil within me. Lord, comfort me in my discomfort.” It has been an amazing few years learning who God is, who I am with God and how this is truly an amazing time for me. I know there are no boundaries and limits for the requests I have. I am assured, and reassured of many things through the Word… and as I “listen” intently to hear my God speak, I realize He is always speaking to me, to us. He speaks through others, through our circumstances and, of course, through the Word – His Word.

“Every word of God is flawless; He is a shield to those who take refuge in him.” ~Proverbs 30:5 (NIV)

I never want to believe that “I’ve got this all figured out”, or “that God’s booming voice is rushing over me every day”, because that is not the case at all. When I say, “I hear God”, it is because I am paying attention to the questions I am asking (making note); I am paying attention to what those around me are saying and asking (making note) but mostly, I am praying to be exposed; my heart, my faults, my good deeds and His heart through me. I am asking God to use others to speak into my life for revelation to correction, for clarity to confirmation, for resolution to restoration, for opening my eyes to shutting my mouth… it’s all here.

With the creator of the universe intimately engaged in my life, there is hope beyond measure... Because I am His, I understand that I am a new being because of Christ, and I depend on His thoughts to pour into me with the power of the Holy Spirit. For this I am grateful and dependent for there is no battlefield I will step onto that He is not already there.

“You will not need to fight in this battle. Stand firm, hold your position and see the salvation of the LORD on your behalf, O Judah and Jerusalem.’ Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed. Tomorrow go out against them, and the LORD will be with you.” ~2 Chronicles 20:17 (English Standard Version)

“Teach me to do Your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing.” ~Psalm 143:10 (NLT)

My question should always be, "How can you use this Lord"? And then I will wait for His direction... “Why" cannot be answered, only He knows why. In this life, we will deal with others, I am grateful to now know, it is best to let go of getting into other people's heads. I am grateful that I can now allow God to REMAIN my focus. My first thought and His final word when it comes to my character. There will be pain, discomfort and heartache on this journey, but there can be joy in the process. I pray that you too will be comforted by Him through whatever circumstances you are in, or will go through.

Remembering who I am in the moments, is what He works on most with me right now. Thank You LORD for Your constant reminders.

“The LORD is fighting for you! So be still!" ~Exodus 14:14 (GOD'S WORD Translation) - If the enemy is pulling, know that God is wrapping you into His arms.

God is here and working, and I see Him... yay for Jesus' work. Yay for God's plan. Yay for the Holy Spirit's work within us all.

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." Colossians 2:6-7 (NIV)

Overflow me Lord with what You teach, what You give and what You have done... Let me always be grateful in my thoughts, thankful in my action, while keeping You at the forefront of my life.

 















© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                        
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me