Translate

Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 686 of Giving Thanks

As much as writing has become my life, prayer has become even more of my life. Just a short time ago, I remember sitting with a friend and crying hysterically because my prayers were such a struggle and time with God was such an effort. But I kept praying, I kept reaching to Him and asking Him to help me to know “what to do”, “what to say” and “how to bring it all to Him”. And, one day, after I had been giving thanks for a couple of weeks, I knew what to do – and the words and thoughts just flowed to Him. And, a few seconds, yes only a few seconds later, I was struggling again. But I knew God was encouraging me, the Holy Spirit was cheering me on.

This struggle was part of the plan, for me, the struggle was the plan. 

I heard today that God’s path for me will not change, but in the process of journeying on this path, I will change tremendously. My favorite saying today is, “What I have learned.” And, what I have learned is that through the struggles, the challenges, the circumstances that “I hated in the moments”, are now moments that I cherish because of how God used them to bring me into Him.

As I continued to pray, the struggle to pray became less and less, and I began to see that ALL I HAD TO DO was speak to Him. All along, I heard a voice - it was not an audible voice, but a voice nonetheless that I heard distinctly and very clearly, “Talk to me, pour your heart out Shawn. Let me hear what hurts you, what brings pain and who you want to see Me.”

“Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.” Romans 5:3-4 (New International Version)

I have first hand knowledge of physical pain, but I know that I am already healed of everything necessary to be grateful for the journey. In the process, I have gained much in the "blessing" area. Whatever the physical manifestation is, does not matter, it is the heart and soul of the matter that counts. Just to share that PAIN is a good thing.

P.reparation for what is to come. 
A.lways seeking His presence.
I.ntercessory prayer for others, to bring me closer to my Healer.
N.ever ceasing prayer and praise for what He did for me.

What I have learned… If you have already asked God into your life, but keep praying that He will show up, maybe it's time to pray that you step in...


...try these as you step into His presence.
Jesus, God, Father, 
Can we talk? Are you here? I want to be near. Can you bring me nearer? 

Let me believe that You are here Lord.
Help me see how You show Yourself all around me.
Thank You Lord for saving me. Thank You Father for loving me. Thank You Mighty God for creating me.
Thank you for forgiving me and giving me Jesus.

Today, stepping into God, was an all day event, that allowed me to pursue joyful moments even through what would have debilitated me before. Another friend had told me a few weeks ago, “Take your eyes off the pain, and keep them completely on Him.” And, that was wise advice and I feel “wise” with the Holy Spirit’s support with this effort.

‎"Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.
"But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere." ~James 3:13-17 (NIV)
A day that His message to me is still an encouragement: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/2011/08/day-637-of-giving-thanks.html




© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                        
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/ 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406 

1 comment:

  1. "I heard today that God’s path for me will not change, but in the process of journeying on this path, I will change tremendously. My favorite saying today is, “What I have learned.” And, what I have learned is that through the struggles, the challenges, the circumstances that “I hated in the moments”, are now moments that I cherish because of how God used them to bring me into Him."

    I'm just saying, you have got to be my twin sister in Christ!!! The more painful a feeling is, whatever the cause of that pain, I always come across someone later who is feeling the same thing.... and I am able to say "Let me tell you about why I understand what you are feeling...and let me show you how you can heal....because it happened to me...and i am healed!!" although bad things may have happened to me...they are not about me... They are about healing, growing closer to God and about how these times can be an example to those around me....and ultimately, showing God's glory in some of the worst times!!!

    God ROCKS!!! YAY GOD!!!

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me