Translate

Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 658 of Giving Thanks

There is still light in the sky, however there is a quarter moon hanging overhead. And, as I look up at the blue sky, white moon I am in awe of all that is around me. The tall redwoods that border our deck, the flowers and plants that have been carefully placed in the planters and how amazing color is. We have an amazing God, who thinks about everything, including the aesthetics of our surroundings. Can you imagine what the Eden was like... and heaven is?

I have grown to appreciate so much in my life, and to look forward to things with sincere anticipation. And this week as I stayed in Matthew, I kept going back to the same words, in awe of their power… “And to the centurion Jesus said, "Go; let it be done for you as you have believed." And the servant was healed at that very moment.” Matthew 8:13 (English Standard Version)

It is my desire that my appreciation of Jesus, what He did; the Holy Spirit, what He is capable of within me; and God, what He is to all things can be lived out. As I reflect on the Centurion’s words “… “Sir, I don’t deserve to have you come into my house. But just give a command, and my servant will be healed. As you know, I’m in a chain of command and have soldiers at my command. I tell one of them, ‘Go!’ and he goes, and another, ‘Come!’ and he comes. I tell my servant, ‘Do this!’ and he does it.”  ~Matthew 8:8-9 (GODS WORD Translation)

He had an appreciation for who Jesus is. “I don’t deserve…” that is my heart. But my desire is to hear, “Go; let it be done for you as you have believed.” My heart also knows that there is a love so deep for me that all was given so that I can live. How can I not live with appreciation for what was done and has been given?

“This is the testimony in essence: God gave us eternal life; the life is in his Son. So, whoever has the Son, has life; whoever rejects the Son, rejects life. 
The Reality, Not the IllusionMy purpose in writing is simply this: that you who believe in God's Son will know beyond the shadow of a doubt that you have eternal life, the reality and not the illusion. And how bold and free we then become in His presence, freely asking according to His will, sure that he's listening. And if we're confident that He's listening, we know that what we've asked for is as good as ours.” ~1 John 5:11-15 (The Message)

So what does appreciation look like through my eyes tonight? It is me becoming less of me, through a choice, through effort and most definitely with plenty of help through the Holy Spirit. Appreciation is knowing that I need help to live greatly, and because He died sacrificially, I can.

Father, thank You for more than I can ever know, and gifts that are priceless. And, as the day disappears and night sets in, I appreciate the quiet that has taken over the moment and being in Your presence, even if just for a few minutes. Mighty and perfect God You know the desires of my heart, the sincerity in my prayers for this "one" thing - and I pray deeply and confidently that my heart's pleas are not only heard, but it is Your desire too. “Go; let it be done for me as I have believed.”

























© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me