Translate

Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 679 of Giving Thanks

And, so the question is, “How do I set goals, when I am unsure what the destination is?” It appears that I am on the right road, or at least heading in the right, general direction, but I don’t know where on the map I am supposed to end up… My prayer continues to be, “Let me be in Your will Lord, but please show me how things will tie together.”

“We don’t focus on the things that can be seen but on the things that can’t be seen. The things that can be seen don’t last, but the things that can’t be seen are eternal.” ~2 Corinthians 4:18 (Common English Bible)

Here is what I do know – I love and enjoy many things.
Writing, people, being creative, problem solving (not math), encouraging others and watching God work, observing and learning, change, a challenge, teaching and most of all I love and enjoy my relationship with God.

I still have so many questions LORD and I do trust You. Am I doing the right things according to His will? What could I do better? How do I compartmentalize what runs through my mind as things I want to do, and tie down what is His desire? So, let me be still… and listen for the voice of my Creator, Father and Mighty God.

“He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”” ~Psalm 46:10 (NIV)

LORD, it seems the more I come to You, the more I want to do – the more I want to share, the more I believe I can do in You. I trust that as the Creator of the heavens and earth, He can definitely handle what I call, “my life”, for it truly is His to form, forge and guide. And, I pray you too will know this truth as well. 

Christ Holds It All Together”We look at this Son and see the God who cannot be seen. We look at this Son and see God's original purpose in everything created. For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, rank after rank after rank of angels—everything got started in Him and finds its purpose in Him. He was there before any of it came into existence and holds it all together right up to this moment. And when it comes to the church, he organizes and holds it together, like a head does a body. ” ~Colossians 1:15-18 (The Message)

And, every day I stop and ask, “The God of the universe is speaking. Am I listening?”




© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                        
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/ 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me