Translate

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 691 of Giving Thanks

Wow, how God speaks to me as I pray for others. It has been one of those days, where my needs were greatly met through others’ needs. Every day He enlightens me, and every day I realize amazing blessings from our phenomenal God.

Only God defines me... my past, my circumstances, my mistakes, my fears and my hurts DO NOT DEFINE ME.

Thank You Jesus.
Brothers and sisters, did you know that you are loved in an amazing way too? This love is given and has no end. Yet this love began for you at the beginning of all time. This love is perfect and through this love for you, you have been redeemed with a simple, "Yes God I know what You did, and I accept Your gift."

Think about a love so great, that He came down to live a very giving life, and was willing to die for us, for you and for me. He did so, so that we can live in eternity with Him. His daily graces and mercies are abundantly available to all of us…

“To us, the greatest demonstration of God’s love for us has been his sending his only Son into the world to give us life through him. We see real love, not in that fact that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son to make personal atonement for our sins.” ~1 John 4:9-10 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)

And, God has revealed much in me. Why would or should I be so grateful? I was learning impaired all through school (labeled anyway), and found out at 30ish, I fight through dyslexic. I couldn't get into college because I could not pass the writing portion of the entrance exam...  and now I write. God? Absolutely!

“Show me the right path, O LORD;  point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me for you are the God who saves me.  All day long I put my hope in you. Remember, O LORD, your compassion and unfailing love, which you have shown from long ages past. Do not remember the rebellious sins of my youth. Remember me in the light of your unfailing love, for you are merciful, O LORD.” ~Psalm 25:4-7 (New Living Translation)

Losses and challenges are a way of life, but so are blessings and gratitude in all things. I have had to learn, that it was ok to be out of control a bit... because quite honestly I’m not in control anyway. At any moment, my circumstances can change...

It is said, “We change out of desperation or inspiration”... I was inspired many times. It was when I was on the verge of complete loss and devastation that I finally got that God was there.

There have been many challenges, the list goes on, but without all that, I would not have gone to God. I would have been ignorant in my blissfulness. Without Jesus in my life, I would be ignorant and a fool. 

I have learned that through time, He restores.

"Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And, the God of love and peace will be with you." ~2 Corinthians 13:11 (New International Version)

I have learned that allowing myself to mess my prayers up, to mess faith up, to allow life to be a bit messy (on occasion) has been tremendously liberating... Like I said, I have faced many challenges, illnesses, losses abuse, to name a few, yet, He loved me through it, and loves me forward every day and there are many days, that He loves me through many moments and a moment at a time.

So many need to see hope through someone else's eyes, why not yours?

I cannot imagine my life without the intervention and amazing insights from He who dwells in me - thank You Jesus for the great interpreter of the Holy Spirit. Thank You that I can see.

My friends I will share with you, what I shared with a friend tonight, which at some point in my journey, was lovingly shared with me, “Ask the Holy Spirit to share your heart with God... and to reveal God to you as you sleep.”


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                        
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/ 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me