Translate

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 676 of Giving Thanks

I have rarely known why God does the things He does with me in the middle of “it”, but at times on the back-end of the circumstance, season or situation, much can be revealed. Today, however, I became enlightened. I believe that as I draw into Him deeper, I can grasp more of His insights into my life. I have definitely become less resistant and more penetrable.

Wow, did God speak to me today, sometimes I just cringe at what He exposes in me... and about me. It is quite apropos that I just wrote a lesson on forgiveness and that is what was glaring right back at me today. It seems that forgiving the past, those things that happened long ago, even the unthinkable and unforgivable things were lifted from my heart by the power of the Holy Spirit. It took many hours, weeks and years for God to show me that I could forgive the big things, and many times I would lay my heart out, re-expose the wounds and beg for the pain to go away.

“I called on your name, LORD, from the depths of the pit. You heard my plea: “Do not close your ears to my cry for relief.” You came near when I called you, and you said, “Do not fear.” You, Lord, took up my case; you redeemed my life. LORD, you have seen the wrong done to me. Uphold my cause! You have seen the depth of their vengeance, all their plots against me.” Lamentations 3:55-60 (NIV)

On many occasions, I knew that I could not accomplish that impossible task to forgive, so He took it all on, and relieved me from the anguish and I was released, and I forgave.

Yet, today, I realized that it’s the little things that are stacking up and I am struggling to forgive; it’s the day to day words that are said and injustices that are played out, whether real or perceived, through my thoughts that I am hanging on to.

Today, Lord, I ask that You reveal all that needs to be released from my heart. The distaste in my heart, distrust and destruction that will come if I do not allow You to work this out as well. Forgive me Lord, and thank You for teaching me to see Your lessons and hear what is being said “just for me.” In Jesus’ name, I thank You and praise You for forgiving me so mercifully. Amen.

“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”  ~1 John 1:9 (ESV)
Forgiveness Article: https://www.facebook.com/notes/equip-his-people-ephesians-411-13/forgiveness-in-depth-2-corinthians-410-16/190079754397766



© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                         
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/ 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me