Translate

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 754 of Giving Thanks

"His perfect love expels all fear!" ~ Sean Palmer

The opening line of the pastor's teaching, and that got my thoughts fueled. Is this something that I can completely wrap my mind around, while following this with my actions? Your will Lord, that is what we seek and praise.  I love You LORD. Thank You for unending mercies, amazing favor and grace beyond measure.

How many times do I bypass God because I am afraid? I need to be over the top faithful. Know that I can trust Him for all things. Your will Lord, that is what we seek and praise. I must remember that fear, doubt and complaining cause death and that is what the enemy seeks to do. Create those things in our minds, to detract from our life giving actions.

“Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” ~John 10:7, 9-10 (New International Version)

Understanding grace and mercy! 
Forgive me Lord for the doubt I feel and project, and help me always recognize all I have because of You. Let me recognize the grace and mercy in all my life and in all of my circumstances.

When I trust Him with everything, all HIS goodness OVERFLOWS into my life.

I choose life LORD… I choose to see Your miracles. I will submit to be used according to Your will LORD, that is what I desire. To believe, trust and expect is what I choose.

‎"But Jesus said to them, You yourselves give them something to eat. They answered, All we have are five loaves and two fish. Do you want us to go and buy food for this whole crowd?" Luke 9:13 (Good News Translation)

Jesus will do the miracles, we just have to allow ourselves to be the conduit.


"After the disciples had done so, Jesus took the five loaves and two fish, looked up to heaven, thanked God for them, broke them, and gave them to the disciples to distribute to the people." Luke 9:15-16 (Good News Translation)

Notice that the miracle had not yet happened in Jesus' hands, but when the food was distributed...

He will work through us, we just have to trust that He will. We must be in His will, love follow His commands from the heart and from the depths of us.

We must be enthusiastic even when we realize what God really wants us to do. Remember Moses was all excited when He knew God would take care of the injustices... then he hemmed and hawed about him being who God would use...

Remember that it is how God uses me, not that I support His efforts. It's time to do... not just pray for others to do, but for me to do as He desires and wills me to.

Amazing grace...
Let us truly know that that means for us LORD. Let me give grace to others, as you extend to me.

“He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.” ~Luke 10:27+28 (New International Version)

Jesus is my perfect shelter... His tenderness, grace and mercies are all around me. Without Him even of the smallest of storms can destroy, but with Him even the greatest of storms are restoratative. Thankfully, it is not my perception that defines God's miracles. Thankfully, I experience miracles daily. Thankfully, God is giving me better eyes to see them with.

Believe...
Trust...
Expect...
Know that He is Your God, who loves you so much that He executed a plan so you could be with Him in eternity, and gives you a helper until then - but (BIG BUT HERE), YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE HIM.

But know this, He loved you first.

My friends, Jesus did not die on the cross so we can dwell in doubt, fear, anger or complaining - Realize that we have FREEDOM. A freedom to trust and believe that we are children of a King - to dwell in His presence and constantly glorify His name with our lives. 

What does that look like to you?

Don't believe? Running from God? Know this, He will surround you with His people, who will love you, pray for you and wait patiently for God to do His work in you. That is my expectation for all whom I love and for all whom God waits on. Thank You God.


Once again, I hear, "God's got this, really." BELIEVE.





2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

Sean Palmer is senior teaching pastor at Redwood Church in Redwood City, CA.
http://redwoodchurch.org/#/sermons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me