Translate

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 761 of Giving Thanks by Tina Wetor

Often we get impatient for God to move within our lives, we don’t see the evidence of our faith.  It’s during the waiting periods; we learn to trust God with the outcome.  We can’t have a harvest without a seed planted or tending to the field, it does require our actions.  Our faith contributes to the outcome but we can’t force the seed to grow.   When we have done our part; we have to trust God with His.  The walk of faith starts with a relationship with God but it’s nurtured through love and trust.   The experiences of life will eventually test our faith but God will bring loving assurances to protect it. 

Our best intentions is what God has for us, it’s one of the beautiful benefits of belonging to God.   He will direct us in the path of righteousness for His name sake.  God will never do anything in our life to contradict who He is.  As I have grown in the Lord, I have gain understanding of Him but still am marveled of His greatness.  With all of the responsibilities God has to rule the universe, I am still marveled He longs to love me.  With all my failures, insecurities, and fear within He still loves me.  His plan will not be stopped for my life because I failed or misunderstood.  He will always reveal the truth so I can recognize the path to take. 

When I am too weak to fight the good fight of faith, God reminds me who I belong to.  When I walk in the midst of trouble, I can still have peace. I can’t escape Him because the love of my devotion runs deep, the cross keeps me anchored.   The promises of God will be fulfilled because He spoke them.  I can’t force the promise to appear, it’s God’s timing to produce the blessings.  I admit my heart has been weak with this trial of my life.  Yet, I am truly blessed to know I don’t always have to be strong.  God isn’t looking for the strongest but the most vulnerable to His will.  As one of my college professors said, “God isn’t concerned about your happiness but He is concerned about your holiness.”  Character will be built from the trials of life; it’s those experiences we will cherish.  All of the trials of this life can be passed if we stay vulnerable to Him.  When the heart is vulnerable, it’s soft enough to be formed into a beautiful masterpiece of God’s design.  

Troubles will come and go but God’s promises will never disappear.  When I am too weak to look up, God lifts my head with tenderness.  When I went to church today, my heart was desperate for an answer to my troubles.  Gasping for hope, my life was comforted by this verse found in Psalm 138:7-8 “Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou will revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of my enemies, and they right hand shall save me.  The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.”

© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Tina Wetor
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150432918742809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me