Translate

Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 755 of Giving Thanks

Moving toward who He will have me become – carrying on in His strength, in spite of me or my fears and hang-ups. That is the power of the Holy Spirit. When you cannot push any longer, or drive any further or stand on your own… He is there!

“Is anyone crying for help? GOD is listening, ready to rescue you.” ~Psalm 34:17 (The Message)

I can tell you that the tears flowed freely this week, and there was a moment that I "felt" as though there would be no end. And, now in retrospect, I wonder what the fuss was all about. There are times when our emotions run away with us. When "things" are just too much to bare. But there is hope in running into the arms (no really, close your eyes and picture it) of your heavenly Father. COMFORT...

Lord, thank You for always having Your arms extended for me. Thank You for sharing Your will for my life, so I can live toward it more and more daily.

I am on the path of learning a valuable lesson. Lord, help me keep my eyes on You as You lead me through toward this truth. Thank You for Your patience, understanding and amazing mercies.


“O give praise to the Lord, for He is good: for his mercy is unchanging forever.” ~Psalm 136:1 (Bible in Basic English)

In the moments when all I could do is request strength, and yet even more recognition of God’s grace all around me, my mouth utters, “Lift me Lord. Bring me up. Take me in… Let me exercise my new thoughts Lord.” And, yet even more tears, and more release of what is old, what is not desired, what is not His desire for me, but that is moving closer to who He will have me be. I am grateful for truth. And, I am grateful that even in the moments when I thought comfort was needed, the harsh reality of the changes I need to realize hit me today like a wind storm.

God says, "Do more. Do more with a cheerful heart."
You ask, "Do more what?"
The right answer, “Everything that pleases and glorifies Him.”

“Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will.” ~ Romans 12:1-2 (New International Version)

I must remember that my job is to love the Lord, and allow the transformation to occur and not conform to the world’s ways, but only hold dear His ways.

“And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit.” ~1 Corinthians 3:18 (Amplified Bible)



2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me