Translate

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 763 of Giving Thanks

“May God the Father and Jesus Christ, the Father’s Son, give us grace, mercy and peace; may they be ours in truth and love.” ~2 John 1:3 (Good News Translation)

There is comfort when I go to the Father. Today, for me, this was the comfort I needed… for within His truth, all things come to us, grace because He gives it to us. Mercy, because we need it and peace when we seek it and know His love for us – but He must know me, and that my friends comes only when I chose Him and when you choose Him. 

All I can do, is “Trust in the LORD”. The gate is narrow – look at it. Look at the proclaimers of Christianity… is there fruit? What is done is His name, that isn’t really in His name? I must be discerning and allow the Holy Spirit to help me with that, to direct me and watch over me. .

My attitude should be “About pleasing God”, not anyone else. If I am doing what God is telling me, and I am doing things to the best of my ability… if no change, leave. Am I where God wants me? Lord, help me see Your answer, help me be solid in this knowledge.

Every morning I pray and every day I pray throughout the day. I believe I am fighting something here, but it is not my fight. What is there is what God’s angels are called upon to handle for me, behind the curtain and in the strength of God’s army the battle goes on. My battle is to stay connecting, stay believing, stay focused on the goal of being in His will and allowing Him to direct all my steps. 

“THE LORD is my Light and my Salvation--whom shall I fear or dread? The Lord is the Refuge and Stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?” ~ Psalm 27:1 (Amplified Bible)

Many times, people feel like they are doing what they are supposed to do, through rationalization. There is grieving in the heart. That is a battle for me, but often I am reminded that the battles are temporary, that I must remain strong in the LORD. “Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." ~Joshua 1:9 New International Version) 

Lord, it is my heart’s desire to stand firm, even through my fear and uncertainty in this life, for it is the victory of life eternal that I stand in, as well as the certainty that nothing is impossible, even in my flesh, because I have You with me at all times. It is not my job to know what battles rage around me, but it is my job to have faith in the conqueror.

“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.” ~2 Timothy 1:7 (Amplified Bible)

Our society makes things what we want them to be, and apply scripture to it. When we look at our environment, work, home, etc., we want to make them what we want instead of being in God’s will. “According to the Word”, is the only way it should be. I cannot and will not compromise with teaching.
My job is to please God first. And, I will do this by looking at people differently.  I must not see them how they have treated me, but how I want to be treated, and the changes will be made in me. This is the change that came to light. And, boldly and confidently, I ask… “Ask, and you will receive. Search, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened for you. Everyone who asks will receive. The one who searches will find, and for the one who knocks, the door will be opened. If your child asks you for bread, would any of you give him a stone?” ~Matthew 7:7-9 (New Century Version)

Wisdom, we always thing we have the right answers, and it’s easy to see the answer when it is already solved. Don’t worry about the circumstance, pray through it. Our opinions (b/c our minds are different) is the right one in our minds. Most of the time we are not right – knowing this comes from thinking rightly. Need to separate a fact before making an opinion… (in the fact finding process, how do you know when you are done with this process?)

Remove the fear and anxiety from my heart LORD, for I know it does no good and is used for bad… keeps me distracted from doing what You want me to do daily. It is wisdom, strength, courage to act rightly, to do rightly. This is my prayer, my life.

“I pray to GOD—my life a prayer—and wait for what he'll say and do. My life's on the line before God, my Lord, waiting and watching till morning, waiting and watching till morning.” ~Psalm 130:5-6 (The Message)



© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150432918742809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me