Translate

Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 769 of Giving Thanks

Mondays. We seem to have too many Mondays in our lifetime and for me Monday means, a new beginning, the start of a work week. 

Sundays. We don’t seem to have enough Sundays in our lifetime and for me Sunday means, rest, regroup, replenish, refill and prepare. And, really both of these should be done daily. Begin every day anew and find rest in the LORD often. Include a Monday and a Sunday in every day. 

I started this last night as I stopped to pray about heading into my week. One of my greatest requests is for the strength to do what is necessary while I wait for God to tell me “what is next”. My “what now” takes much effort, and I am learning that when I look to my effort alone, I am not going to make it, but I realize that when I come to Him and request help, that is the only way I am going to make it. 

‎"Hear therefore, O Israel, and be watchful to do them, that it may be well with you and that you may increase exceedingly, as the Lord, the God of your fathers, has promised you, in a land flowing with milk and honey.
"Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord [the only Lord].
"And you shall love the Lord your God with all your [mind and] heart and with your entire being and with all your might." Deuteronomy 6:3-5 (Amplified Bible)

With salvation, we have stepped into the land of milk and honey. I have nothing to complain about or to worry about. He’s got it all handled for me. And, the more I realize this truth and recognize His presence in my life, the more I will change, the closer I become who He intends me to be. 

"For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome." ~Jeremiah 29:11 (Amplified Bible)

It is through awareness that we are God's that we change. I have learned that the power of words - what I speak to myself counts too. “The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” ~Proverbs 18:21 (New International Version)

“And you, little one, shall be called a prophet of the Most High; for you shall go on before the face of the Lord to make ready His ways, To bring and give the knowledge of salvation to His people in the forgiveness and remission of their sins. Because of and through the heart of tender mercy and loving-kindness of our God, a Light from on high will dawn upon us and visit [us]” ~ Luke 1:76-78 (AMP)

Thank You Lord for forgiving me and giving me YOU. Thank you for new beginnings, rest and preparation. 

I may not have it all figured out, but the one thing I know places me ahead of the game. I know that I have a mighty God, whom loved me first. And, the rest is my assurance that I can be with Him for eternity. 

Do you know this to be true? 
Do you believe in heaven? 
And, do you know how to get there? 

In less than a week, we will all celebrate the birth of our Savior (everyone's savior), but not everyone will be saved. Why? Because they will not choose Him. And for those who have chosen Him, it's time to celebrate your life eternal (here and then). Live greatly. Love much. Share often. And, always remember who loved you first.

Today, display strength. Take action. 

We share Christ in us when we walk in confidence that we are His. We will be decision makers, action takers and accomplishers all because we are His, but only if we act. 

The more you know God, the more you will be out of step with the world. Isn't it awesome that when we follow His steps, they are the right steps anyway?

The Lord is everything to me. How about you? 

“THE LORD is my Light and my Salvation--whom shall I fear or dread? The Lord is the Refuge and Stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?” ~ Psalm 27:1 (Amplified Bible)

In less than a week, we will all celebrate the birth of our Savior (everyone's savior), but not everyone will be saved. Why? Because they will not choose Him. And for those who have chosen Him, it's time to celebrate your life eternal (here and then). Live greatly. Love much. Share often. And, always remember who loved you first.
© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me