Translate

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 756 of Giving Thanks by Darci Escandon

Being in a relationship is hard. It doesn’t matter if it is a friendship, a marriage or being part of a family. Oftentimes, I used to be so quick to point the finger of blame at others…As I have grown in God, He has shown me glimpses of who I was, who I am now and Who I can become. The person I was…well, it wasn’t pretty. I am starting to like the person I am now much, much better and I can’t wait to see the person He has shown me I can become.

However, there is one thing that I find that keeps me from moving forward sometimes. IT’s the old blame game. It’s always someone else fault that something goes wrong in my life…my sister is too spoiled, my husband doesn’t make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, the next door neighbors dog ate my paper so now I don’t know what’s going on in the world. Ok, well, that may be a bit extreme, but I am sure you get the picture. It’s always someone else’s fault…That line of thinking has caused me to be judge and jury. There are so many verses in the Bible about judging others and blaming other people as well as forgiveness, however the one that stands out to me the most is this:

“Forgive someone, and you will strengthen your friendship. Keep reminding them, and you will destroy it.” ~Proverbs 17:9 (Easy To Read Version)

Wow. What does forgiveness have to do with blame? To me it is everything. If I hold back forgiveness and I am always blaming and telling someone over and over again what they did wrong, I find that I definitely experience broken relationships.

I want so much to have a heart like His. I want to show compassion and forgiveness and tolerance and kindness just like Jesus did to those around Him. I am so thankful for this verse because I am thankful that God loves me enough to show me how I truly look, the good, the bad and the ugly. I love how His word speaks to me and speaks truth into my life whether I want to hear it or not and I am so thankful that He loves me enough to speak truth to me. I am thankful that He helps me to become the person He created me to be. He guides me, He listens to me, He forgives me and He molds me.

Lord, thank you so much for showing me who I am so that I can be who you created me to be. Thank you for your patience in this growth process and thank you for never giving up on me. Lord, I am on my knees begging your forgiveness for harping on others when I should be looking at myself. I ask that you help me heal those broken relationships and help curb my tongue so that I can forgive automatically and love without expectations. Thank you Lord, I praise your name. Amen.

 
 
© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Darci Escandon
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me