Translate

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 765 of Giving Thanks

‎Every morning I get to talk to God, and I was able to do it again this morning… and it was a good day.

Good morning God, 
Yet another night passes and a new day begins. This is how I get through any troubles. Let them pass and begin anew. Thank You that every new day is my reminder. Thank You that every time I open my eyes, I can see things completely differently than the day before. LORD, in trouble let me remember that it only takes a blink of an eye to change perspective… I have learned this before, let it embed deeply and wholly in my heart. Let it be a new day. Let me find strength in You to "carry on", "begin again" and "see things as new".

Because I am New
Hope today and everyday because of who holds us so dear! Thank
You God for Your loving arms that hold us so lovingly. And thank You that I receive many lessons.

And, because I have choice…
Attitudes can change, "Just like that."
You can put a smile on your face, "Just like that."
You can go from eternity in hell to eternity with God, "Just like that."
Choices are made, "Just like that."
What you think can changed, "Just like that."

I love reading through the books of the bible, and I love absorbing the words and the heart of the words. Today, my heart is intact, no hurts, no heartache, but a sense of peace and wholeness like never before. And it has only been through amazing transformation and miracles, but I do remember all my cries and I am grateful for the pleas and answers.

Sometimes this is our cry. And though we may "feel" no hope, we must know that in Jesus we have nothing but hope. The LORD is good and we pray, cry and plead until He answers. I wait upon You LORD expectantly and in daily hope. (inspired by: Habakkuk 1:2 and Lamentations 3:25-26) My constant prayer, is “Move me LORD, for I can only become more like You when I move toward You. ‎"Just like that"… haven't we all heard this before?”

All through my days, I remember these little things.
Rest.
Settle in.
Eyes up.
Heart open.
Arms ready.

Yes God, I hear You. Holy Spirit I ask for strength, more strength and yet, more strength to abide and follow Your "Yes".

What will you unwrap this Christmas that can break, will wear out, might lose it's appeal, will definitely go out of style or, otherwise distract you from your purpose?

Just remember Him through this amazing season - for it was Jesus, born and wrapped in swaddling clothes to be stripped of God's presence in the moment before He died on the cross. And because of His work, we can be wrapped in God's presence. That is the present of our lifetime.

"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person's failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him." ~John 3:16-18 (The Message)

When I can't figure out how to verbalize how I feel, Lamentations always seems to get the job done.

Praying Lord and giving my heart's worries, pains and desires to You so I can realize Your comfort and tenderness. In Your time, and in this quiet, I am at peace. Let me come and kneel, bow and arms ready to receive all that You have for me.

"The Lord is my portion or share, says my living being (my inner self); therefore will I hope in Him and wait expectantly for Him.
"The Lord is good to those who wait hopefully and expectantly for Him, to those who seek Him [inquire of and for Him and require Him by right of necessity and on the authority of God's word].
"It is good that one should hope in and wait quietly for the salvation (the safety and ease) of the Lord.
"It is good for a man that he should bear the yoke [of divine disciplinary dealings] in his youth." ~Lamentations 3:24-27 (Amplified Bible)

And now it’s time to settle in, and say good night. 



© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me