Translate

Friday, December 30, 2011

Day 779 of Giving Thanks

It's ok that I am not perfect, because I have a perfect God and the perfection of His work in me is enough.

“Look, I will make you pure, but not in the way you make silver pure. I will make you pure by giving you troubles. I will do this for myself—for me! I will not let you treat me as if I am not important. I will not let some false god take my glory and praise.” ~Isaiah 48:10-11 (Easy-to-Read Version)

Yep... there is no doubt, God is truly on my side.

“Praise the LORD, because he is good! His faithful love will last forever!” ~Psalm 107:1 (Easy-to-Read Version)

But there are a couple of questions that I am learning to ask myself, so I can stay in step, in God’s will and expecting Him to move me closer to Him.

How can I possibly be blessed when I am in direct disobedience with God’s direction? I cannot!

And, yet, there are more questions…
Am I listening to His voice, while I learn to drown out the world’s?

I am grateful for God’s perfection! He is consistent, constant and steady. I have to make the right decisions. Once I understand something, once it’s corrected, I cannot continue to do things my way, I must learn and grow through God.

Am I waiting for answered prayers? Am I in His will? Am I obedient to His word? Do I trust Him to lead my life?

It is so easy to allow the enemy in... all I have to do is stop thinking about God. When someone does something that is not encouraging, start talking to God... that is what I told myself all day (many days over the last few weeks). And yet, I allowed the enemy to take a bite, and the sting is deadly.

I am grateful for God’s perfection! He is consistent, constant and steady. Father, help me grasp that joy even in the midst of a word storm, is there to hold onto. Help me to remember that you are right here with me and Your promises are greater than any words spoken.

Tears of joy are precious, but tears from sorrow are even more precious as they can transform into tears of joy with the mighty work of Jesus in your life. Let Him capture your tears and let the Holy Spirit work all things out for the good of the Kingdom.

More and more my convictions toward the truth, to hold, abide and share are in-containable. LORD, continue to guide me toward all Your truths, regardless of what others think, say or do, let me only relay all truths. Thank You for never giving up on my deceitful and ignorant heart. Thank You for never leaving me... Keep me in Your loving and protective care always. LET ME FOLLOW YOUR WILL FOR MY LIFE, for Your Kingdom and Your glory

"For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will " ~Ephesians 1: 4-5 (New International Version)

I am grateful for God’s perfection! He is consistent, constant and steady. The truth is not popular... even in my own mind. But I am learning that God’s truth is the perfection that I strive for, run toward and hold on to.

More questions. Yes, God brings them to me all the time.

What does God think?
What is God telling me?
If I am in His will, I will do what He wants.

I already know that the world's freedom truly has a price, one that delivers pain, sorrow, guilt and shame. Freedom in Christ comes by Him paying the price for the world's pain, sorrow, guilt and shame. It is a price that can only be paid by Jesus. From the depth of me LORD, I thank You - that although I choose poorly, my choice for You rescues me from me and the world.

‎"But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God." ~John 1:12-13 (New Living Translation)

"What we have seen and [ourselves] heard, we are also telling you, so that you too may [a]realize and enjoy fellowship as partners and partakers with us. And [this] fellowship that we have [which is a distinguishing mark of Christians] is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ (the Messiah). 
“And we are now writing these things to you so that our joy [in seeing you included] may be full [and your joy may be complete].
“And this is the message [the message of promise] which we have heard from Him and now are reporting to you: God is Light, and there is no darkness in Him at all [no, not in any way].” 1 John 1:3-5 (Amplified Bible)

I have learned, and I am ok with the fact that I am not perfect and I have a lot to give to God. But thankfully, I have Him to give it to.

"For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will "~ Ephesians 1: 4-5 (New International Version)

I am grateful for God’s perfection! He is consistent, constant and steady. My job is to stay in step with what He has instructed. He will illuminate the way, and I never have to seek that light as He placed it within me; my guide on this journey is the Holy Spirit; and the path He set before me is never dark, yet it is narrow. Thank You Lord for leading me perfectly!

My friends, whether you realize it or not, when you are in God's presence, you are CHANGING into who He planned you to be. We can do it willingly (His will) and in obedience (His will), both are in our best interest. That right there is enough to be rejoicing and praising His name. Through every day, we get to change and become better because He is with us.

Wouldn’t you agree that is something to be grateful for?

Jesus is my hero! And, I have so many stories to tell of Him, and His goodness. So, let me be absorbed in Your word LORD, and when I am squeezed by the world and my circumstances, I can overflow with Your wisdom and perfect responses.

You too can come to Jesus with all the pain, shame, and brokenness, He is awaiting for you. Again, I say, “LORD, thank You for being here. I lift all those who feel alone during this season, we pray they can earnestly come to You, bare their hearts and be comforted through Your presence. Let them call unto You in Jesus' precious name. Amen.”

“God is good, a hiding place in tough times.
He recognizes and welcomes anyone looking for help,
No matter how desperate the trouble.
But cozy islands of escape
He wipes right off the map.
No one gets away from God.
Why waste time conniving against God?
He's putting an end to all such scheming.
For troublemakers, no second chances.
Like a pile of dry brush,
Soaked in oil, they'll go up in flames.” ~Nahum 1:7-10 (The Message)

Are you grateful for God’s perfection? Are you grateful that He is consistent, constant and steady?


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me