Translate

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 780 of Giving Thanks by Darci Escandon

As we greet the new year, 2012, I am thinking of a prayer a dear friend wrote. I try to say it at the end of every day, but I also think it is appropriate to say as I say goodbye to 2011 and look to new beginnings, opportunities, choices, trials, struggles, experiences…all that 2012 will bring.

“Father, it is late and the ending to another day. Thank you for walking it with me. I'm not sure which moments I ran ahead without you, veered left or right when I should have gone a different way. I know there were moments when You carried me, and moments when I should have let You but was convinced I could do it in my own strength. As I learn to trust more, to draw closer to You, to listen more intently and follow more obediently, I know that You are truly all that I need. Please help me Father to do what I know with my heart I need to do, even and especially when, my mind has it all figured out a different way. I know that with You by my side nothing is impossible. I need only truly believe. In You I place my trust.” ~Sue King

It is the end of another day. As I reflect, the LORD has walked through this entire year with me, even when I felt alone. Many times, I ran ahead of Him and even strayed off the path and just as a patient and loving father does, He helped me find my way back. So many times this year, I thought I was in control, I thought I could do things my way…..but LORD, you carried me, even when I fought you kicking and screaming. LORD, as I start into 2012, I truly want to be closer to you, I want to hear your voice every time you speak to me. I want to be obedient in all aspects of my life from relationships to finances and everything in between. I want my actions to bring you glory.

God is truly, all I need. I am made of flesh and bones and my mind wants to cater to that so often. I want to guard my thoughts and take each one captive, spend more time in YOUR word and learn to let You be You and me be me.

There will be trials. Your word tells us that there will be hard roads ahead. Because I am a Christian does not make me exempt from crisis. Help me to lean on your more, to look to you in the trying times and to continue to praise Your name, no matter what the road is like ahead of me. I trust you LORD, I NEED YOU LORD!!!

Thank you for this gift of another day, another hour, another minute, another year. Thank you for seeing me through 2011 and into 2012. Thank you for opportunities past and present and future. I want to make you proud LORD!!! ~Amen



© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Darci Escandon
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me