Translate

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 771 of Giving Thanks

Today it is all about me becoming ALL ABOUT HIM.
God You are amazing. 
You are my Creator.
You are my Teacher.
You are my Comfort.
You are my Savior.
You are my EVERYTHING.

‎"But test and prove all things [until you can recognize] what is good; [to that] hold fast." ~1 Thessalonians 5:21 (Amplified Bible)

It is amazing when I do more than I am supposed to, with the RIGHT attitude, how great I feel. Not to "toot my own horn", but to feel like I am giving like Christ gave. He gave it all, and that's what I am really working on. Giving everything I do, my all.

In a couple of days (give or take worldwide), we will be celebrating the birth of our savior. It really doesn't matter if it's "the" day of His birth or not. We do know that it is in the celebration of Him that we are filled with hope and joy. Take this time to reflect WHO Jesus is (for you). Take this time to ask questions of God and rely on the Holy Spirit to answer them for you.

It is Jesus time, and know this, He did this for you. He lived, died and LIVES so you too can live.

Get into God's word daily. Start simply, but do start. You'll be amazed by all that you receive in blessings, lessons and insights.

LORD, I need You. 
I love Your Word.

The thought, "Ready me Lord", keeps popping into my head today, And, this morning, as I read through my bible, I was swept away by my God, and a sincere settling of calm. Knowing that today would be busy, I wanted to prepare properly. Really, it was the time just talking to God that did it. But, as usual, in the presence of Him, I was able to glean many blessings through His Word.

Thank You for loving me God.

"Be silent before me, you islands! Let the nations renew their strength! Let them come forward and speak; let us meet together at the place of judgment." ~Isaiah 41:1 (New International Version)

Thank You Father for Your Word. Thank You that I have the discernment of the Holy Spirit to show me truth in my life, areas that need to change in my life and all the ways You confirm direction and purpose in my life, through Your word and how others use Your word. Let me always be aware of what is Yours and let that dwell deeply in my heart. I love You God, thank You Jesus and fill me Holy Spirit.

You are uniquely created to do amazing things that only you can do for the Kingdom of God. Are you listening? Have you asked Him what those unique and amazing things are? Are you aware that you are equipped with amazing talents, and empowered by the Holy Spirit to accomplish greatness in Him? Did you know that you have a Creator who loves you and has loved you since the beginning of time? Did you know that He died and carried your sin so you can live? Did you know that He has called you since the day you were born?

HAVE YOU ANSWERED YET?

‎"I am the Door; anyone who enters in through Me will be saved (will live). He will come in and he will go out [freely], and will find pasture." ~John 10:9 (Amplified Bible)

God's word is revealing, a life with God is life giving.

ARE YOU LIVING YET?



Read all of Isaiah 42 (when you have a chance...)
"Thus says God the Lord--He Who created the heavens and stretched them forth, He Who spread abroad the earth and that which comes out of it, He Who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it:
"I the Lord have called You [the Messiah] for a righteous purpose and in righteousness; I will take You by the hand and will keep You; I will give You for a covenant to the people [Israel], for a light to the nations [Gentiles],

In a couple days we will celebrate the birth of our Savior (The Messiah) - Now is a great time to truly understand who He is. 

"To open the eyes of the blind, to bring out prisoners from the dungeon, and those who sit in darkness from the prison.
"I am the Lord; that is My name! And My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to graven images.
"Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I now declare; before they spring forth I tell you of them.
"Sing to the Lord a new song, and His praise from the end of the earth! You who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, the islands and coastal regions and the inhabitants of them [sing a song such as has never been heard in the heathen world]!" ~Isaiah 42:5-10 (AMP)

LORD, we pray, open our eyes so we can see who You are, in the mighty name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me