Translate

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 764 of Giving Thanks

I love this time of year. It's the time that everyone thinks of why "Christmas", but I am working to remember and share "why Jesus" all year. How about you?

Every day when I wake up, I think, “Am I excited about my life? Do I get motivated just by waking up and realizing I am blessed with yet another day to live God's life, the one He has for me to live?

When we trust Jesus, when we accept His amazing gift, not only do we get salvation, we get freedom... and an advocate who goes to His Father (our Father) on our behalf. Now that is worth everything, yet cost us nothing and is the living sacrifice of Jesus. We live because He lives.

You have shown me about love LORD, let me share what I have learned and continue to learn about loving like Christ.

"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." ~1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (New King James Version)

Let me love.

Amazing grace, tender mercies and unending favor, that is what He gives me daily. The healing we need most is the healing from an eternity without God. All the rest is our journey.


“THE LORD is my Light and my Salvation--whom shall I fear or dread? The Lord is the Refuge and Stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?” ~Psalm 27:1 (Amplified Bible)

There is no place I want to be, but with Him. This is my journey!

“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.” ~2 Timothy 1:7 (Amplified Bible)

Boldly, in my faith, I walk in His power and because of His love, and I can do all things because of Him in me, that alone, with Him is all I need. This is my journey!

I have prayed the same prayer every day, and every day I will continue until my LORD answers me. Know this my friends, we cannot get to our will, unless we first get to Jesus. I am so thankful that I got to Jesus, and that He died for me.

“Ask and it will be given to you. Search and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened for you. The one who asks will always receive; the one who is searching will always find, and the door is opened to the man who knocks.” ~Matthew 7:7-8 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)

Let me always knock, and always see the open doors before me. Thank You Father for this journey, that is my journey!


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150432918742809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me