Translate

Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 759 of Giving Thanks

GOD... can You hear me?
GOD... my heart aches, can you fix it?
GOD... I am tired, can I get rest?
GOD... GOD... GOD... I love You.
GOD... I need You.

"How lovely is your dwelling place
LORD Almighty! 
My soul yearns, even faints, 
for the courts of the LORD; 
my heart and my flesh cry out 
for the living God. 
Even the sparrow has found a home, 
and the swallow a nest for herself, 
where she may have her young— 
a place near your altar, 
LORD Almighty, my King and my God. 
Blessed are those who dwell in your house; 
they are ever praising you." Psalm 84:1-4 (New International Version)

I am encouraged daily by hearing God’s voice ring through my life and it seems that the more I get to know Him, the more I call on Him. And, quite honestly, I believe we are designed to do. Once we know Him, we are drawn in to be nearer and nearer. And as I need Him more, my desire to be more like Him becomes the part of me that I admire the most.

This week, I grew. I learned something new about myself; and although it is something that I really want to change, through dealing with my own inability to ‘let go’ and forgive completely in this one area of my life. I hadn’t really figured out who to forgive until the other day. Learning to forgive my bad actions, leaving bitterness behind me, my misreading of circumstances, and allow the grace of God to flood through to every part of me so that I can ‘move on’ and step into where God will have me.

“Let all bitterness and indignation and wrath (passion, rage, bad temper) and resentment (anger, animosity) and quarreling (brawling, clamor, contention) and slander (evil-speaking, abusive or blasphemous language) be banished from you, with all malice (spite, ill will, or baseness of any kind).
”And become useful and helpful and kind to one another, tenderhearted (compassionate, understanding, loving-hearted), forgiving one another [readily and freely], as God in Christ forgave you.” ~Ephesians 4:31-32 (Amplified Bible)

I believe it is our thoughts that start our down spirals. I am not saying that illness cannot be an attack of the enemy, I am saying that our thoughts will dictate how we view healing.

Through all my trials, in the midst of every challenge and storm, I am upheld mightily in strength for I know that victory is already accomplished.

Jesus, thank You for always meeting with me. Even when I am late, stubborn, afraid, unsure... You are here, always near, always available. What is it that I can do to honor You? How can I possibly show how much I love You?

I will show Jesus in me. I will, be strong in the Lord, walk in His light... show His strength through every part of this journey.

... shine for others the Jesus in me, that is what I can do.

Here’s what I know, there are many out there who will judge your faith, mock your ways, and even tell you that you are not "good enough"... the question really is, "Would Jesus say (whatever they say) to you?" Is there grace in their words or mannerism toward you? Are they following John's relay of Jesus' command to "Love one another" and "Encourage one another"? Am I living my life with a “yes” answer to all these questions as well?

I can only do that by allowing God to be my guide toward Him.

So much is a mystery LORD and I am grateful that some of it is a blessings, some of it is miracles, some of it is just the wonderful daily surprises of being Yours.

The LORD has given me amazing gifts. Gifts, meaning talents, as well as all the gifts within my life - my family, my work, my friends... and mostly peace, the ability to forget and move on, and permission (and the command) to do so. This ability only comes from the Holy Spirit, thankfully God's got that one covered for me too.

The journey is a path of few – what an honor to walk this path. 

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."~Matthew 7:13-14 (New International Version)

The narrow gate and the road that leads to it, is unpopular by the world, yet revered by His chosen. Once you are on it, the road of the world is restrictive, confining and defeating. I will head toward freedom, how about you?

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.” John 15:5,8 (New International Version)

Every day I start out saying the same thing, “Jesus you’re all I need today.’





2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809
*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me