Translate

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 839 of Giving Thanks

Just watching the scene around me, I know that God is present. Yesterday, my day started out as a normal Saturday, and as I sit here in a hotel room, I realize that nothing is ‘normal’, it is all part of a bigger plan. As I reflect on many things this morning, I am grateful for the rest I received last night. I am grateful for the perfect plans of the LORD, especially since most of what does occur in my life, appears to be ‘unexpected’ from my perspective.

“What are Your plans LORD?” is a question I am often pondering. “How should I respond now?” also comes to mind as a frequent pondering. All I can say, is that because I am able to reflect greatly on God’s amazing plans, I can be grateful as the unexpected happens and through all the unexpected, I can expect Him. Isn’t that all that I should ever want? He is here.

I am grateful for family. For knowing that God really does know what is best when He places us where we are in regards to our family. I may completely botch it, mess things up and harbor what is not His, but when I am in His will and can focus on Him, He sends the gift of repair and restoration to my heart. When He is present in my life, I can expect Him to work, and He works all the things out that I cannot. When I trust in His promises, what I expect is hope in all things.

Yesterday was a day of praise and prayer. A good day I would say in the LORD. As I ‘wait’ on the LORD to work miracles, restore health and heal hearts, I praise Him, I am joyful in the process of seeing Him as He brings me through this trial; which, when I really ponder it, is His to hold and work through. I trust Him and begin to see Him in all the moments and people. Let me LORD, see you today, let me be the You that others see as well.

Today, I pray for strength, and I hold on to the Psalm You put on my heart yesterday once again.



“For the choir director: A psalm of the descendants of Korah.
Come, everyone! Clap your hands! 
Shout to God with joyful praise! 
For the LORD Most High is awesome. 
He is the great King of all the earth. 
He subdues the nations before us, putting our enemies beneath our feet. 
He chose the Promised Land as our inheritance, the proud possession of Jacob’s descendants, whom he loves. 
Interlude
God has ascended with a mighty shout. 
The LORD has ascended with trumpets blaring. 
Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises! 
For God is the King over all the earth. 
Praise Him with a psalm. 
God reigns above the nations, sitting on his holy throne. 
The rulers of the world have gathered together with the people of the God of Abraham. 
For all the kings of the earth belong to God. 
He is highly honored everywhere.” ~Psalm 47 (New Living Translation)

I am grateful Father for knowing that You are holding me up, holding my hand and always hold my heart.

© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me