Translate

Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 858 of Giving Thanks

Guest Writer, Antonia Charise Davis

I accepted a challenge to give GOD thanks for 30 days. To find the good in every day and just thank him, I looked up the words give and thanks and found two definitions that I liked. The word give means to accord or yield to another and the word thanks means an expression of gratitude. So to give GOD thanks means to yield to him an expression of gratitude daily. The word Give Thanks appears in the bible over 25 times, for it to be present in the word of GOD that many times means that Giving Thanks is very important.

As I sit here and look at my situations and circumstances the enemy makes it look as if I have NOTHING to be thankful for. I am currently unemployed due to an illness; I was diagnosed with a rare neuromuscular disease in April of 2011. I am a single mother of three who relies on the kindness of my mother to support and provide for me and my children. What do I have to be thankful for?

I thank Him for the provisions of his promises. I thank Him for supplying ALL my needs. Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. For truly he is my Jehovah-Jireh (My provider). I thank him for his grace that is sufficient for me and his strength that is made perfect in my weakness (literally). 2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. I thank him for his unfailing love, for his holy spirit which leads and guides me. I thank him for his word that cleanses and strengthens me. I thank him for his tangible presence that is very real in my life. I have to even thank him for my illness because truly this trial has brought me closer to him and I am beginning to know him in ways that I have not known him before.

I understand that giving thanks to GOD daily is a decision, it is a lifestyle and it is a challenge and a journey that I look forward to. Someone once told me that I have the heart of a worshiper and I worship and give god praise in spite of and now I am going to practice giving him thanks in spite of because there is good to be found in every situation and circumstances of life.

My Prayer of Thanks
Lord I thank you for being more than enough for me.

I thank you for your Grace that is sufficient for me; I thank you for your strength, which sustains me in my times of weakness. I thank you for your love that never fails.

I thank you for word and the provision of your promises that I stand on daily. Father God as I go throughout my day I ask that you bring

To my remembrance all that you have done and all that you are and will do.

And teach me to give thanks to you daily on a day to day basis.

In Jesus name Amen.


© All rights remain with the author

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me