Translate

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 854 of Giving Thanks

Lifting my eyes up to the heavens so often during my day and throughout all my moments, knowing that it is You LORD I will see.

“God loves you so much. He loves you now and has since the beginning of time. John 3:16 says, He loved you so much that He sent His son. The Word is His love letter, instructions and encouragement to us all. Jesus is our Savior and the hero of Bible. "This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person's failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him." ~John 3:16-18 (The Message)” from Day 781 of Giving Thanks Daily (http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/2012/01/day-781-of-giving-thanks.html)

Beginning everyday in gratitude starts with knowing why I am grateful. Today and everyday it is the Spirit in me that I hold onto greatly, the promise of eternity with Him and the FACT that He loves me more than I can ever comprehend. Living my life in today, knowing that only Jesus holds tomorrow, and yesterday has passed.

Are you in the Word, or waiting for others to throw you a bone, or their scraps? That works for a while, but you will never hear all of what God has or know all of what He is for you without going to His Word. Wouldn’t you agree, that it's time to sit down, open His Word and read, pray, ponder and ask questions of the Holy Spirit? Isn’t it time to allow God to reveal for you what He will and wills for your life?

Learning to "pay attention" to the details and not shut down during tough times ONLY comes when I "pay attention" to the LORD's instructions and showing the love the LORD in me toward those who do not know Jesus. Our ministry is a ministry of action and compassion, not words and lectures. Father, I pray that I can love tenderly and pay attention to all the details. Teach me Holy Spirit to be aware of all the moments to shine. Teach me to know when to be still, be quiet and when to share You. In this life guide me to dwell in You so that I am wholly attractive because of You in me to those who have yet to know You. I pray for them in You Lord Jesus, in Your name and through Your hope that their names will be written in the book of life, and know hope in You. That is my daily, and many moments through the day prayer. All in You Jesus we hope and trust. Amen.

It is through my prayers, study, correction and intercession that I learn and grow stronger in the LORD. We are only wise in the Spirit. We can only confirm through getting to know God through the amazing power of the Holy Spirit. My prayer daily is for the LORD to keep me humble, whatever that takes. I depend daily on the work of the Holy Spirit in me and the grace of a mighty God to sustain that humility.




© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me