Translate

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 842 of Giving Thanks

The past few days my mind has just stopped. It is trying to process all that has occurred, but seems to be stuck in rest. I believe that my God has put a hedge completely around me right now, knowing that I can only process very little.

God, 
I know You are here and waiting for me to come rest in You. I am floundering a bit, and need Your word. My heart aches over the loss, yet my heart sings with eternal gratitude. Leaning harder today, and I know I can count on Your solid lifting and holding. Thank You.
Your Child.

It is the first time in many years that my fingers are "silent". I am taking much in during this time. I wait patiently on God to give me words once again. I know You are here LORD, and I am waiting to see, hear and do all that You direct. Simply grateful for my life, those who love me and the ability to stand in the strength of the LORD. I am simply grateful that I can count on His voice of reason, through His Word when the world seems to give me nothing.

In reflection of my life, I know that much has not gone according to my plan, and that even though I make decisions that are different than God wants, He has already taken that into consideration and the perfect plan is set. Let me be, let me stay and let it be Your will Lord. During this time of grieving a loss, let me be hopeful in the salvation for my husband. I stand in prayer for him today LORD, that his heart will soften, and eyes will see and ears will discern the truth. 

Let me stand firm on faith, in the strength of the Holy Spirit. “Stay awake, stand firm in your faith, be brave, be strong. Everything should be done in love.” ~1 Corinthians 15:13-14 (Common English Bible)

Grieving the loss of my dad and really fighting emotions from the past. Even the physical is not distracting from this one... Praying for great strength today to press in and move in His steps. I am grateful to be back to work however, I am not feeling very focused or motivated. Lord, into Your hands I want to rest. 

I have found that relying on my memories for truth has been difficult, for I now know that what I remember is sprinkled with emotions, perception and influences. As I sit here trying to make sense of a few things, I am reminded that it is the now that I am to be concerned about. It is the now that Jesus would have me live in and my past is to be used to show me where I came from, and how far He has brought me. As I think of the physical things I am dealing with, I have had to look at “how long” this has been going on, and there are times when I just want to forget and step into today as if it's the first day of pain. That any memory would be gone in an instant; it is not fresh or new, both the physical and the emotional, and I am grateful that it is not my strength that is necessary, but His and His is perfect and complete.

I don't believe that because I have not been healed yet, that it is not possible. I also do not believe that there is an enemy hold on me or that I am not praying right. I believe wholly that I am already healed of the worst illness, which is separation from God, and with that comes the most amazing desire to love Him more, believe Him fully and worship Him continually.

Faith was difficult to grasp before I had it... then I had it. I have faith because I believe God loved me first. I have faith because I believe Jesus died (for me). I have faith because God feeds it everyday, and I honor Him by accepting His nourishment. Faith is knowing that God is God. And in faith I stand healed of all things, and step forward in hope and live greatly in anticipation of an eternity with Jesus, my King.


"God’s righteousness through faithfulness of Christ
But now God’s righteousness has been revealed apart from the Law, which is confirmed by the Law and the Prophets. God’s righteousness comes through the faithfulness of Jesus Christ for all who have faith in him. There’s no distinction. All have sinned and fall short of God’s glory, but all are treated as righteous freely by his grace because of a ransom that was paid by Christ Jesus. Through his faithfulness, God displayed Jesus as the place of sacrifice where mercy is found by means of his blood. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness in passing over sins that happened before,  during the time of God’s patient tolerance. He also did this to demonstrate that he is righteous in the present time, and to treat the one who has faith in Jesus as righteous." ~Romans 3:21-26  (Common English Bible)


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me