Translate

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 847 of Giving Thanks

As I listen to those around me, I am struck by one thing - that many believe they are stuck because of brokenness. There was a time in my life when all I knew was broken – broken family, broken promises, broken will, broken dreams, broken body, broken expectations and a broken heart. What I have learned is that only my brokenness allowed me to see Jesus and only my complete brokenness allowed me to truly see perfection of the cross. I have come to realize that this world is not for anything but brokenness.

And, during this time of my life all I know is how much I am whole, complete and on my way to perfection. Now, that is amazing! How I may have parts of my life that seem “less than perfect”, I have a perfect Savior who loved me before the earth was formed, thought of everything to save me and indwells in me so I will never be alone. I am being perfected by all who is perfect, yesterday, today and tomorrow and that is everything I need.

“Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.” ~Philippians 4:4 (New International Version)

Heavenly Father, I come to You and trust in all that You have for me. I trust the obstacles, the challenges and all the blessings that You set before me. I come to You LORD and ask that You guide me, help me to see through Your eyes and know that as I live this life, that my hope is in the next. That as I expect to live greatly because of You being with us through every moment and are only a thought away. Thank You Lord for giving me so much before I even took a breath. I thank You Father for going before me, standing beside me and loving me intimately. In the name of Jesus, I pray and hold onto all Your promises. Amen.

I am grateful for all the moments that I hear my amazing God whisper comfort, promises and hope to me, even during storms, challenged times, obstacles and heartache. He is what sustains me, and it’s only because I truly desire to know what He did for me.

As I sit here seeking Him and allowing the pain to pour out, I am reminded of my Savior on the cross and He took on the sins of the world. My pain Lord is a weight I would rather not bear, but know that You have already beard it. There are no words that can possibly relay the gratitude I have in my heart or the desire that is deeply embedded to please You. Thank You Jesus.

Hopeless, not me. I am hopeful and hope filled!


Even in the physical pain, I know that brokenness leads to wholeness and a storm leads to better days. As He has shared with me so often, I am not broken glass to be swept away, I am His treasure to be upheld and strengthened with every break and repair. Now, that is hope and something amazing to rejoice about.


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me