Translate

Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 857 of Giving Thanks

Today as I started the day, I found that I was a little out of sorts and my first thought was, “Lord, I am just a bit overwhelmed at this moment”. Sometimes it takes time for the events of our life to sink in. As I spent time dwelling in the amazing things of God, I found myself lifted. As the music filled my senses, I found comfort in the morning and quickly moved from overwhelmed to be over filled. Isn’t that what we live for?

“Those who stand firm during testing are blessed. They are tried and true. They will receive the life God has promised to those who love him as their reward.” ~James 1:12 (Common English Bible)

Every part of my life is a witness of faith. And, through every thought, I can make it a day of edification and encouragement or a day to forget greatly. My life if precious, my Savior proved that by dying so that I can live. I am blessed in ways that could be missed if the Holy Spirit is in the background of my life, rather than the center of my existence.

Who witnesses? We all do. We are the church, we witness through our lives, not our associations. People see us individually and either are attracted or confused or appalled or disinterested.  We witness through the Holy Spirit in us and all things of God.  We are not to compromise.

God did not compromise the work on or value of the Sacrifice of Jesus, why are so many adding to what is required? We cannot do anything to earn our way into heaven, but when we realize the work He did for us, we will appear to be working our way in. WE DO BECAUSE OF WHAT Jesus did ALL that was necessary... He did because we COULD NOT do what was required.

There are many reasons to believe. We have an amazing God who speaks directly to each one of us in profound ways. A question I ask myself, “How do you show others that you belong to God?” For me the answer only comes from the Holy Spirit.

My heart is in anguish tonight as I watch the LORD's words twisted, and used in ways that we all know broke our Lord Jesus' heart as He hung on the cross, these sins that He knew about, and are occurring now. I pray daily to be strengthened by what I see, and I always go back to why we believers are all able to be at peace in so many ways as the world spins in chaos all around us. The ways of the enemy are slick, sound good and packaged nicely. May we all be aware as we witness, share and observe this life around us. Father I pray for protection and wisdom for my brothers and sisters in Christ. I pray for discernment of the Holy Spirit and boldness to stand firm in all circumstances for our faith. I pray for all those who are broken and shattered in this fallen world that they too will be at peace. I pray mighty and perfect God for our hearts to not be deceived and wholly committed to the truth. I pray for Your people to stand out, stand up and stand firm in all things of You. Mightily and boldly, we pray in Jesus' name. Thank You amazing Savior. Amen.

Isn't it amazing how God works? I woke up worried about my own circumstances and moments and now I am drawn to the concerns of God's people. Thank You LORD for reminding me that it is not about me at all. Thank You that it is about You. 



© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me