Translate

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 844 of Giving Thanks By Tina Wetor

As I stood on the side of the road, I couldn't believe what just happened. Did it really happen? As the shock started to overcome me, I couldn't grasp the reality until I saw her head on the steering wheel. Is she hurt? Or is she dead? As I walked over to the car, I urgently prayed, "Lord, I pray she is ok!" As I approarched the car, I pulled the car door open, "Honey, are you ok?" "I don't care about anything else, are you ok?" As she looked up at me, she said she was fine.  As our eyes met, she said "Are you ok?" I reassurred her I was fine.

As we stood on the side of the road, we didn't attack each other. If anything we comforted each other with compassion, spoke peace, and offered to get assistance for the other. As we shared information, we waited for the police and our husbands to come. As we waited, we loving tried to make sure the person was comfortable. Maybe it's because we are both mothers who naturally try to nurture the hurting. Yet, in the midst of the wreck, Christ shown in all His glory. Compassion reached out to the hurting instead of inflicing pain upon due to an unseen circumstance. We have a decision in our circumstances: to show love or anger. If I walked in anger, I could have caused greater damage to a broken spirit. By walking in love, I was able to bring peace. God is just AWESOME!

Life will have moments of interruptions, unexpected circumstances, and moments to shake one's faith. Yet, if our lives are anchored in Christ, nothing can move us. We have those divine opportunites to show compassion, extend a hand, and love. Christ was interrupted on several occassions whether in teaching or his journeys to touch the broken and oppressed. It was His mission upon earth, so it must be ours.

The following day after the accident, I had to report it to my insurance agent. She asked, "Was anyone hurt or need to be transported to the hospital?" I advised, "No one was injured." She asked, "How can you be sure?" I responded, "Before I contacted you, I called her." The insurance agent was completely shocked, "YOU contacted her?" "Yes, I did." The agent asked, "Do you know her?" "No, I never met until the accident." During my errands the following day, this stranger was the center of my mind. So, I had to get peace, I needed to know if she was fine.

It was an unusual circumstance, a moment to show compassion to someone else whether I was the cause or not. Did it really matter? Sometimes the circumstance of life apprear to make us reflect on what's important-we are alive. We are here to show the love of God regardless of what life brings, we can have the peace admits the storm.

As Christians, our lives need to bring peace to others. We are to walk with the shoes of peace, it's what we need to wear not only for spiritual warfare but in our walk. Christ is the only One who can bring peace in the storm. If you find me dancing, singing, and rejoicing it's because I am happy to be alive. Also, I belong to Christ who is my peace. When we realize that love isn't an emotion it's action, we will change someone's life.

"Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous;
love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly;
it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,
does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails...But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love." ~1 Corinthians 13:4-7,13

Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me