Translate

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 843 of Giving Thanks

Once again, I come to an empty page in hopes that the LORD will fill it. He is faithful, and through these last days of getting the ground under me once again, I have had much time to chat with my Creator. We have been in Hebrews studying, and I was thinking about Jesus, my King, my high priest, He who can do all things for me.

“…First, the name Melchizedek means “king of righteousness”; then also, “king of Salem” means “king of peace.” Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God, he remains a priest forever.” ~Hebrews 7:2-4 (New International Version)

As my High Priest, He goes before the Father for me. And, it is only Jesus that can do this. As I read this my heart beats a little faster, but there is a calm and collectedness around me; don’t miss this, it is only Jesus who goes before God on our behalf. Hear these words, our Savior, King of all things, “Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life…” There is only One to carry that description, the “alpha and omega”, “beginning and the end” (Genesis 22:13).

What do you have in your heart that you need to lay down? Is it guilt for not being a better daughter and sorrow because it’s too late? Those thoughts did enter my mind, but as quickly as they did, Jesus was there reminding me that He’s got this.

Don't let your past hinder Your joy in the LORD today. Know that all that is gone, can not be addressed. Focus on what Jesus has for you now. Live for today. Grow in today. Love through Him today. Give yourself permission to let go, He commands it.

“Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens.  Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. For the law appoints as high priests men in all their weakness; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.” ~Hebrews 7:26-28 (New International Version)

Through all my challenges, I am greatly reminded to let prayer be a lifestyle, not something "I do" only when I am in need. 

Many today "feel" that something is missing from their life. Make your life a prayer, get to know God and He will show you who you truly are in the process.

When I come to You LORD, I am learning that it's ok to ask questions, but I know not to question why. I am grateful for the rest I receive, both physical and that of my heart and mind. I pray for those in pain today LORD, let them come to You - to know You, to trust You and to share You greatly. All things Lord You give us or allow so that we can truly grow closer to You, shine the light on those areas for all Your children, and bring those who don't know You in. Soften their hearts, let them have eyes that see and ears that hear. In Jesus' mighty and precious name. Amen.

And in my excitement, today I am blown away when I think of my Creator instructs me to “come to Me” (Matthew 11:28), and I will answer you completely (Jeremiah 33:3). I am instructed to come to Him through His son, who is God in the strength of the Holy Spirit, who is God. Don’t be fooled by those who say there is another way, don’t allow Satan to give false hope in another deliverer to the Father – this has been embedded deeply in my heart. I will not be fooled, and I pray with a saddened heart for the deceived.

Yes, we pray for healing for the sick and weary, but mostly we pray for hearts to be open, eyes to see and ears to hear the true message of healing through the acceptance of His gift. You will know healing when You know Him. And for all things we pray in Jesus’ mighty and sustaining name. 


“Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.” ~Hebrews 13:15-16 (New International Version)



© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me