Translate

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 812 of Giving Thanks

Retreat
“I give thanks to Him Who has granted me [the needed] strength and made me able [for this], Christ Jesus our Lord, because He has judged and counted me faithful and trustworthy, appointing me to [this stewardship of] the ministry.” ~1 Timothy 1:12 (Amplified Bible) 

As I sit here in the calm and quiet of the day, I am able to reflect on many things of this past week. I am still in the first 24 hours of a retreat, and I contemplate the word, “Retreat”, and the first thought is retreat from where I have been to where He is – just the thought I need. It has been a week of emotional growth. In moments where I thought brokenness would take over and launch me into heartbreak and pain, I heard Him. And, although, my heart aches, I know that I am still His and in one piece. As the speaker began, I prayed, “Open me LORD, peel me away and expose “the Yours that I am”. We looked at Psalm 9, which speaks to me every time.

“‎I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart and recount all of His deeds." ~Psalm 9:1-2 (English Standard Version)

“…recount all of His deeds.” So many ways and so many repairs have been orchestrated, forged and completed in this life that now belongs to Him, this heart that He has always loved. Thank You Father. And, the theme of the weekend is the theme that I believe is the essence of why we are here. I have moved from the shadows that I thought was life into His light and sharing His light, which is life everlasting. I have moved from a place where a lack of gratitude resided into a sincere understanding of gratefulness where I dwell in Him. I am continually learning.

There are many moments this past year that "in awe" runs through my mind and settles into my heart. We have an awesome God and every day is an opportunity to recognize the "awe" moments He delivers so amazingly in love and tenderness. Father I come to You in total and complete submission today. I pray for peace with the details of what has been started.

Father I am definitively not looking for easy, but for peace, and not for being right, but doing right. Lord truly my heart is broken and yearns greatly for Your comfort. it is in the hope that You are that keeps me coming back for more and more. Thank You LORD for loving me first, deeply and perfectly; help me LORD to stay in Your loving arms and care in thought, sight and hope. In the precious name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

In the recesses of all that I am, Father You have been. Even when I don't know those parts of me, You do. Intimate Savior, Mighty Healer, take me there, expose all of the darkness and sweeten the bitterness. Bring me home, into Your presence. Bring me home, into Your will.

Is the Lord among you? Do you remember all that he has done for you? Whose voice do you hear in the silence? Is it The voice of hope and salvation, or that that brings fear and trepidation? As I live in “awe” of the goodness of the LORD, as I remember all that has been done for me, as I recount all these things, there is no choice other than deep, heartfelt gratitude.  We can look at Exodus 17 and see that as the Israelites forgot what God had done, God never forgot to be with us. Gratitude is an underserved gift from God, yet we neglect to open it. If we are to truly understand that God extends grace abundantly and freely, and our response is to be gratitude for His grace. It is a continual commitment to remember Him and stay grounded in what He has done. “‎I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart and recount all of His deeds." ~Psalm 9:1-2 (English Standard Version)

When I recognized Him as my Creator, Sustainer, Redeemer, Savior and the Holder of all that is hopeful, I realized hope for the first time. I don't know where you have been, but I do know that you have a choice in where you will end up. Have you chosen Jesus yet? Have you realized that life on your own is less than what it should be? Have you recognized His presence at various times in your life? Don't you think it's time to choose well? Choose Him? Believe! Trust! Live!

So, this year, I have experienced many “awe” ha moments, and I pray that you have too, and on your way to many more.



(Inspired by a talk by Dr. Donna Thoennes and confirmation from a mighty God.)

© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me