Translate

Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 834 of Giving Thanks

Our life gives us moments. These moments build character; strengthen our ability to act rightly. These moments build our story. Now with that said, we use this for building, not leaning.

“And he died for all, in order that those who live should no longer live for themselves, but for the one who died for them and was raised.
“So then, from now on we know no one from a human point of view, if indeed we have known Christ from a human point of view, but now we know him this way no longer. Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old things have passed away; behold, new things have come. And all these things are from God, who has reconciled us to himself through Christ, and who has given us the ministry of reconciliation, namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.” ~2 Corinthians 5:15-19 (Lexham English Bible)

Here's what I am learning. In further exposing the pains and hurts of my past, I know these are the memories I do not need to be who He designed me to be. He uses them anyway. In growing toward His understanding of things, I know I understand so little on my own. Without that realization, I could not understand that He is all-knowing.

Love your enemies, those who have hurt you and don't dwell in the times that were not "good", allow God to show You that He is there and has been for every part of your journey. When we fully forgive those who have harmed us, we can love those who are undeserving. For me, it is learning to live where and when I am “right now”; and that’s how I do it. I dwell in the presence of the LORD, which is in the here and now. I live for this moment, letting go of what was; mostly because I know I cannot change where I once was, but I can live greatly today.

“But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given you besides.
“So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble.” ~Matthew 6:30-36 (Amplified Bible)


I am new... and I am to live every day new.


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me