Translate

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 822 of Giving Thanks

I see my life as a work in progress – His work in me and the result is His masterpiece that is “me”. He has given me life, hope and the unexpected every day. I see my life in amazing color and I am grateful for the variety of my experiences and the ability to see where I came from and bask in the daily miracles.  I am grateful that there is such simplicity of my life these days and a desire to discover all that God has for me. What does that entail? Much! 

I am learning that there is abundance in the simple, and favor in the peace of being His. 

I played with my glue and tissue paper on Sunday, creating, relaxing and having a great time. I am working on the largest piece I have ever worked on… As the images and tissue paper got lost under the white glue, I can only think of how it will transform to bright and vibrant colors when it dries. And, as I think of that process, I watch my creation change from nothing to “art” and think of how my Creator watches me change - how with just a thought, I became. “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” ~Psalm 139:13-14 (New International Version) 


And with His love and guidance, I “become” more like Him. 


The more I go to Him, the more I desire to be in His presence and it is these words that I go back to in the times I feel most grateful. “For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.” ~John 3:16 (Amplified Bible)

I love the changes He makes in me. I am grateful for all the changes He has so gracefully and mercifully orchestrated, I am highly favored.

“For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), [a]recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].” ~Ephesians 2:10 (Amplified Bible)

We often forget what He did in our days that seem to be too much for us. Let us dwell in Him and always remember what amazing thing our God Father did for us.

“Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for.
“By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.” ~Hebrews 11:1-3 (New International Version)

As I prayed for someone earlier today, for healing, and it is when I pray for other that I know God hears my requests as well. Sometimes my pleas are many and labored, and I just trust that God’s plan is much greater than my desire for physical comfort. My discomfort is nothing compared to those dealing in terminal illness, however, it is my state of “uncomfortable” that keeps me running to Him. There is one thing I realize, it's the eternal healing that we pray for once and wait for; having that perfect body in heaven is greater than the imperfect, illness-free body here. My prayer is that we all can be hopeful in the LORD, that we can know true healing and truth in Jesus. I pray that you will be continually encouraged through the LORD's Word. I pray that as we lift others up, it is through our unconditional, unwavering and God-filled love, our earthly family and friends will know our Heavenly Father. I pray that God will speak through others a song of salvation that our family and friends can hear from the depth of themselves. I pray that they will seek comfort from the Father and sense it greatly, grasp it wholly. Father, take hold, we pray. We ask that another be brought to an understanding of Jesus' work and what that means for their eternal being. We pray as we move to the end of ourselves, that we can see the entirety of You and Your goodness LORD, in the name of Jesus, we pray. Healing LORD, as only You can do. Amen.

I know it sounds strange, but pain is my equalizer. It really does pull be back in... Maybe this is the something God knows will keep me running to Him; that is assuring, in an odd way. Yes, I am grateful for pain… I pray harder and empathize with others more deeply in times of pain.  And, I can always remember, “If our God Whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, He will deliver us out of your hand, O king. But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the golden image which you have set up!” ~Daniel 3:17-18 (Amplified Bible)



© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me