Translate

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 832 of Giving Thanks

When I was younger, and didn't have a lot of money and my processions were precious commodities, I use to repair everything. Super glue, epoxy, tape or whatever would do the job. I had only one vase and loved cut flowers, but it started seeping water, I found the hairline crack and filled it with glue, it did the tick, before long it sprung yet another leak, so more glue, epoxy and just the hope that it will hold water. Years later, I remember continuing to patch this vase because I just could not let go of it; adding ribbons and embellishments to make it look better, but still knowing that it was still very broken. It became quite a character. I don't know where that vase is now, but it is a representative of my life before Christ, grasping at whatever would fix me, fill the holds and hold me together. I can liken myself to that vase, but instead of glue, epoxy, tape and embellishments to make me pretty, I have the blood of Christ that makes me new. 

Today, I am a new creation. I hold the Holy Spirit, and God holds me tenderly and lovingly, knowing that although I am new, I am learning how to be that way. He is my super God all that keeps me together and beautiful. I am His precious one. 

“I know the experience of being in need and of having more than enough; I have learned the secret to being content in any and every circumstance, whether full or hungry or whether having plenty or being poor.  I can endure all these things through the power of the one who gives me strength.” ~Philippians 4:10-15 (Common English Bible) 

There is nothing in my life that He cannot fix, and He wants me to realize that I am His new creation. Realize that we can be who He designed us to be. Believing Him, believing that I am His and how I got this way is the essence of living my life according to the gospel. Everyday is a step to believe all that He promised, all that He has done for me. Every day is an opportunity to praise Him and be grateful.

“Therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual sacrifice of praise to God, proclaiming our allegiance to his name.” ~Hebrews 13:15 (New Living Translation)

His plan is always for us to be healed, how we get there, how we are guided, corrected and strengthened is all part of the journey. 

The journey is the completion of His plan for us, our purpose, my purpose. As I realize all that He has for me and all that He “has” for me, I am in awe and am more deeply in love with Him than I ever believed possible. Thankfully, it is “He” who helps me believe and I can believe in all the power and strength and perfection from my Creator who is all powerful and perfect in strength.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” ~Jeremiah 29:11-13 (New International Version)

 I have the blood of Christ that makes me new. 


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me