Translate

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 824 of Giving Thanks

I started yesterday’s writing with, “We live in confusing and busy times.” And today proved to show me once again, that I know so little. In this day to day existence where the world screams loudly at us, I know that I have to be intentional if I am to drown out the things that are not of God. So, as I sit here tonight, with pain in my heart and, what seems to be unceasing pain in my body, I can’t help but wonder how it all works out. Hear me… not wondering “if” it will, for I know that God’s got this. This is it worked out in the day to day, in the moment to moment through prayer.

Today, Father and mighty God, although I do not know the plans you have for all this, I know you do have plans for me. I thank You Father that I can stand on the promise of healing and salvation. LORD, You have given me work to do, and I trust completely that only with You it will be fulfilled. I pray for those in pain today Father, that they too can know Your comfort and they come to You wholly and with a trusting heart with their physical and emotional brokenness. Let our thoughts Lord, and minds be completely on the goodness of Your deeds, those already accomplished at the cross and all that is come for our good and the good of the Kingdom. In the saving blood of Jesus, I trust and believe completely in my healing and all who come to You with their ailments of physicality and of this world. We praise Your name Lord Jesus and are thankful for the amazing strength and power of the Holy Spirit, that You have given us and continue to refine us through. In Your precious name Redeemer Jesus, we pray. Amen.

Misunderstandings are one of the biggest causes of heartbreak. I have to ask myself, “Am I misunderstood because I lack in communication skills at times?” Yes. “Am I misunderstood because the enemy will place blocks before us so others can’t hear?” Yes. “Am I misunderstood because I neglected to include God in the process of communicating?” Yes. “Am I misunderstood because I am placing my needs first?” Yes. “Am I misunderstood because I can’t find the words, I am unclear of what is to be communicated at all times?” Yes…"Do I misunderstand others because of all the same reasons?" Yes! A resounding “Yes” to all of the above. So what is to be done about misunderstandings. This is it worked out in the day to day, in the moment to moment through prayer.

Father, let me understand and let me be understood according to Your will. I thank You for all that You reveal and praise all the work that You reveal and the peace I receive when I come to You in pure and whole heart. Thank You that You are dependable, help me to receive all that You have, in the name of Jesus. Amen.


“But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.” ~James 3:17 (New International Version)

I am grateful that I can go to the LORD before my day begins, and He is available throughout my days. I am grateful that it is in His Word much is revealed. Tonight as I digest all the comings and goings of the day, and all that has been placed before me, I can be comforted greatly through the truth in James 3:17, “The Wisdom That Comes Down from Above - Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by his good behavior his works, with the humility of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and tell lies against the truth. This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there is disorder and every evil practice. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceful, gentle, obedient, full of mercy and good fruits, nonjudgmental, without hypocrisy, And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace among those who make peace. (Lexham English Bible)

Pray for wisdom, listen and wait in many cases. Let me learn to be more of a peacemaker.


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me