Translate

Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 818 of Giving Thanks

Don't fall into the trap of "good words", and forget His good Word of truth. Remember the enemy lulls us with things that sound good. Allow yourself to be directed only by the Holy Spirit. These are yet more words that I can speak into the mirror. How about you? I want to hear the words of the Lord, Jesus, the truth and hope that only He can give. 

“I have given to them the glory and honor which You have given Me, that they may be one [even] as We are one:
“I in them and You in Me, in order that they may become one and perfectly united, that the world may know and [definitely] recognize that You sent Me and that You have loved them [even] as You have loved Me.
“Father, I desire that they also whom You have entrusted to Me [as Your gift to Me] may be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory, which You have given Me [Your love gift to Me]; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.
“O just and righteous Father, although the world has not known You and has failed to recognize You and has never acknowledged You, I have known You [continually]; and these men understand and know that You have sent Me.” ~ John 17:22-25 (Amplified Bible)

Personally, I always ask God for ears to hear when I listen to anyone speak. And, it’s what I suggest everyone do, even you and I include the words shared here, by me as well. Take God’s Word, not the word of others. Today, I am encouraged through my daily interaction with my heavenly Father, through prayer, reading and listening. I am grateful for knowing the perfect example of Jesus, and depending on the Holy Spirit to help me understand. We have a God, (Father, Son, Spirit), who desires us to know Him and His promises. We have a God, who desires the best for His chosen. I am grateful daily for knowing all these truths and depend greatly to experience His truth through every Word I read.

Early on in my walk with the LORD, I found myself really questioning what I heard, going to the Word and being strongly convicted about keeping His Word a priority in my studies and as my staple. And to be honest, not much has changed. The closer God draws me in, the easier it is to drown out the lies of the enemy – did you know that so much many believe is “hear say” and “comfortable words” that have no bearing on our faith, no substance to be validated through God’s word? So, I continue to question everything that is not the Word.

“Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
“Do not stifle the Holy Spirit.  Do not scoff at prophecies, but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good.” ~1 Thessalonians 5:16-21 (New Living Translation)

In all the times I pleaded, "Hear me LORD", I now know that God was there desiring me to hear Him. I now know that hearing Him requires me to be quiet. For when I hear Him, my pleas become, "Thank You LORD".

The enemy’s lies weave many patterns in the life of the lost. 
Without God, we are weaving imperfect threads throughout our life, ready to tear, break down and wear out and becomes dirty.  It's only when we choose to trust God that the threads we weave of His perfect thread begin to make new all that is imperfect. The more we go to Him to restore us, repair us and replace all that is not Him, the stronger our life becomes. Becoming a new creation, that is what happens, but often times our mind will not let go of the old tattered weave of life. Let go. With God, He is weaving perfection in us - giving us strength and the ability to endure all things through Christ. See your life as clean, created by God, weaved and tailored by the work of the Holy Spirit and colored pure by the work of Jesus. Wear it well, it’s the robe of righteousness. 

“Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world.” ~1 John 4:15-17 (New American Standard Bible)

I know that I can only wear His righteousness when I know Him and hear Jesus on a daily and moment-to-moment basis. It is a daily and moment-to-moment counting on Him, to make sure that all other voices are silenced. Jesus in my life, in me, insures that all other influences are removed completely.

“Jesus said to the Twelve, Will you also go away? [And do you too desire to leave Me?]
“Simon Peter answered, Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words (the message) of eternal life.
“And we have learned to believe and trust, and [more] we have come to know [surely] that You are the Holy One of God, the Christ (the Anointed One), the Son of the living God.
“Jesus answered them, Did I not choose you, the Twelve? And [yet] one of you is a devil (of the evil one and a false accuser).” ~John 6:67-70 (Amplified Bible)


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me