Translate

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 827 of Giving Thanks Daily by Tina Wetor

Most of my life, I have struggled with walking in confidence about my abilities or myself.  It has been a weakness most of my life yet with Christ, I will overcome it.  A weakness can only be overcome from gaining the wisdom to recognize its voice or appearance.  As we grow in Christ, we gain the strength to overpower those weaknesses.  No sin can have dominion over us.  Although sin may knock at the door, it doesn’t mean we have to answer it.

Recently, as I was heading to work, I noticed something different about myself.  It’s a marvelous mystery to me, I truly love myself.  (I don’t mean this in a prideful sense). It’s an unnatural feeling, yet it’s producing marvelous benefits. My confidence has grown, my abilities are stronger, and joy is present.  It’s only through the healing hands of Christ, my heart was been changed.  Not only has it changed my heart but it’s changed my view about life and me.

As I am learning healing of the soul truly takes patience, gentleness, and surrender to God.  It’s not comfortable to allow God to break your heart to get to the source of the pain.  Pain reveals where the wound is, so it can be addressed.  When are souls are broken before the Lord, He mends the deepest wounds.  At this stage of my life, I never dreamt that I would be “comfortable in my own skin.”  The journey to get to this stage wasn’t a marvelous journey by any means, yet I am so grateful to walk it.

Now as a mother, I am trying to impact the lives of my children so they don’t have an unhealthy image of themselves or abilities.  Numerous prayers have been spoken for God to protect my children from the lies of Satan to destroy their worth.  Yet, we all have moments, we feel far from God, unworthy of love, and walk with shame.  Nevertheless, I am determined to remove all of the voices of doubt and fear by walking in faith.  Walking in faith, rests in the truth of who God is and what He said.

As I explained to my daughter, “If we are worried about what others think about us, we can never see the beauty of what God sees about us.”  Why do we worry about what others think?  Our approval isn’t based on what we do or what we say but what God says.  God’s love is unconditional, so nothing I DO can change it.  When I walk in the confidence of God’s love, I walk in the power of the Spirit.  If we choose to run after man’s approval of ourselves, we run an empty race of disappointment.

When I was single and in college my focus was fixed upon God’s calling, healing from the abuse, and towards the next stage of life.  Although I dated some great men, I wasn’t completely sure if marriage was God’s plan.  So, instead of focusing on a potential marriage partner, I focused upon myself and my relationship with God.  As I allowed God to heal me, my husband came into my life.  Sadly, so many people are determined to find their spouse; they forget about preparing themselves for their partner.  Shameful pasts and broken hearts don’t find healing in man, they are healed in Christ.

Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men?  If I were trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.~ Galatians 1:10 (New International Version)

© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Tina Wetor
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me