Translate

Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 825 of Giving Thanks

When I say, “my life is a prayer”, I am not kidding. Nope, not one bit. Today was no different. I think today’s prayers were actually a continuation of yesterday’s prayer… maybe even the day before. Do you ever feel like that?

What do I pray for first? Well, when the days start like that, there is really only one answer – and that is PRAISE & WORSHIP… GIVE THANKS AND SUBMIT. Father God, thank You for everything.

So, as my day began, that’s what I did. And, here’s how it went. “I want to thank You Lord for today. Although I "have to work" popped into my head, I decided to come to You for comfort and favor. Forgive me for seeing this as a challenge today. Thank You for giving me new eyes. I am excited to be here today and give others (our volunteers) a chance to serve You and the ministry with the time and talent. Thank You LORD that You know just how to humble my heart and give me joy beyond measure for doing what I am called to do now. I lift the hands and hearts of these amazing people up to You Father for readiness and fellowship within the group today. I pray that they too are blessed. For me, I ask that You remove the stresses of this beyond-busy week and let me settle into this day before me and bless this time to be spent with others. Protect my family while I am away; let my husband be content in his day without me. Thank You for preparing me for the talk I have scheduled for tomorrow at Campbell Community Church, let my words be Yours and the message be clear and compassionate. As I sit down to write, I pray for Your wisdom and clarity and only Your strength and power in my words. Thank You in Jesus' name for being in me and for me so amazingly every day. Amen.”


"So be subject to God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him], and he will flee from you." ~James 4:7 (Amplified Bible)


The enemy prefers your eyes be covered with blinders of comfort and "feel goods". And doesn’t it just feel better to “complain” and “get things off your chest”? Really? I have learned, that going forward in God’s manner of thankfulness in all my circumstances, is much more comforting than the ways of the enemy’s comfort. God desires you to see through His eyes of perfection, love and tenderness for everything I go through and toward others.

Today, and every day is a new day. Step into every moment with expectancy that the LORD God is working, with just asking it of God in pure heart and intention; He knows before you request it and hears all your requests. Submit to His help.

God has given me many experiences. I have not always been fond of the circumstances, and sometimes from the onset of that experience, however, with the ability to see my life change and see "me" change through God's work, I am grateful for every one of my life's experiences. God's got a plan! And, even when I veer too far off His path, He draws me back and makes it all right. Really, the past holds nothing, for God holds everything. He is perfect. Allow Him to guide and today will go according to plan... His plan! And we can “go” in confidence that only the LORD can provide.

"Let us then fearlessly and confidently and boldly draw near to the throne of grace (the throne of God's unmerited favor to us sinners), that we may receive mercy [for our failures] and find grace to help in good time for every need [appropriate help and well-timed help, coming just when we need it]." ~Hebrews 4:16 (Amplified Bible)

It is about doing work as the LORD expects us to do, not how we feel - this being said about working for others, a job, housework (yes, even laundry) and doing the things we may not "want" to do. We must take pride in our work, do it well and beyond expectations of ourselves and others. We must be the hands and feet of perfection, knowing that we cannot reach perfection here. It is truly a mindset. Anyone with me today? 

Sing a new song of praise in the everyday, mundane and routine. Give God praises in all things today.

“MOSES and the Israelites sang this song to the Lord, saying, I will sing to the Lord, for He has triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider or its chariot has He thrown into the sea.
“The Lord is my Strength and my Song, and He has become my Salvation; this is my God, and I will praise Him, my father's God, and I will exalt Him.” ~Exodus 15:1-3 (Amplified Bible)

The healing we need, including wrong thoughts to illness, does not come through pushing the "heal" button. It comes through work and trust in the LORD. It comes when we decide to be less and allow God to be more.

“He must become greater; I must become less.” ~John 3:30 (New International Version)

© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me