Translate

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 817 of Giving Thanks

I want so deeply to see things through God's eyes. Everything! Compassion, love, tenderness, mercy and forgiveness, and with that said, I really want to see my own life as God sees me. I have been home sick for the past four days and have had a lot of time to pray, reflect and ponder many things.

I am grateful for many things, as I have shared all these days. What I am most grateful for is the ability to daily come to God and know that He is here. I am grateful that when I feel the need for the approval of others, I can stop and realize that it’s God’s assurances that I need, nothing more. So, as I realize that I will be misunderstood, I can pray that I am seen as I ask to see others.

Pray for those you don't understand. Don't echo rhetoric and bible verses that condemn, but echo the thoughts of a loving God. I trust that God reaches those who see His love in others. It was a lifetime of seeing God through others and He drew me in.

Often times we make decisions based on wrong information, what "feels" right, what others do, but really the only way, the right way is to seek God for everything. The big things? Yes! The little things? Yes, even the little things.

“But you did not so learn Christ!
“Assuming that you have really heard Him and been taught by Him, as [all] Truth is in Jesus [embodied and personified in Him],
“Strip yourselves of your former nature [put off and discard your old unrenewed self] which characterized your previous manner of life and becomes corrupt through lusts and desires that spring from delusion;
“And be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind [having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude],
“And put on the new nature (the regenerate self) created in God's image, [Godlike] in true righteousness and holiness.
“Therefore, rejecting all falsity and being done now with it, let everyone express the truth with his neighbor, for we are all parts of one body and members one of another.”~ Ephesians 4:20-25 

Have you ever been misunderstood? I have many times in my past, as much as I have misunderstood others. I remember many times where bitterness set in. Has that ever happened to you? It was years and years before I could listen to God's call, but He snatched me from the depths of me. My prayer every day is that I can see through those who wear a mask of hurt and shame and love them through that; love them in spite of it. I have no power to change anyone, I know that I cannot change the heart of a anyone, but the LORD can. That is hope.

If you’re in the middle of conflict with someone, a friend, maybe family and quite possibly even God, remember He’s got this. And although I know it's tough to see, He's been here through it all. I am grateful for knowing that God's grace is unmatched, and He gave it freely to all of us. All I can say is keeping God in mind as you love those who you are in conflict with – give the conflict to God and let God deal with your heart and their heart and salvation. I know greatly from experience, that when your family shuts you down based on lifestyle or sin, everyone misses out...

Be a person who can boldly say, “I am praying for this and I trust God”. Know that God's got you too; whatever the answers you seek, I believe when we have the Holy Spirit, when we become saved, we start to respond differently. Keep asking for the Holy Spirit to move you to where God wants you. It's a marvelous journey and one that only God can orchestrate. When I started giving thanks two and half years ago, and started encouraging others two years ago I needed God. And, today, I know I need Him more and more every day.

God has taught me that to grow in Him, I need to share what I learn, to be encouraged, I need to encourage others, to love others deeply and greatly we have to realize what He did for us and how much He loved us to do what He did. And always God continues to reveal that He is never changing, yet, I am always important enough to be changed by Him.

GOD WILL NEVER CHANGE… thankfully, He will never change.
“Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, does not faint or grow weary; there is no searching of His understanding.” ~Isaiah 40:28


“Every good gift and every perfect ([a]free, large, full) gift is from above; it comes down from the Father of all [that gives] light, in [the shining of] Whom there can be no variation [rising or setting] or shadow cast by His turning [as in an eclipse].” ~James 1:17


“Jesus Christ (the Messiah) is [always] the same, yesterday, today, [yes] and forever (to the ages).” ~Hebrews 13:8


“For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), [a]recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].” ~Ephesians 2:10

(Amplified Bible used today)

© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me