Translate

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 823 of Giving Thanks

We live in confusing and busy times. As I prepare myself every day, I consider where I came from. Where I am going is clear, and there is no doubt when I read through the Word and call greatly on the Holy Spirit who I belong to. How about you? We must be confident in the LORD, and believe what He has promised us.

For me it was October 30th, 2002. I was home alone, life was moving along at a good pace – loved my work, loved my life. Yet, God called. I have to say, I believe I was seeking my entire life; I would get close, and the enemy would distract me. This went on a very long time. For several months, I had been reading, asking questions, coming up with objections and drawing nearer to the truth. It was my husband’s birthday, and I had been home baking a cake, and reading through some theology books and watching a couple of documentaries a friend gave me on dinosaurs, of all things. I didn’t even have a question about pre-historic issues, yet, it was a question placed in my mind (one of many in the many years), that “needed to be answered” at that moment. I honestly don’t believe the answer to the dinosaur question was the “real” question, so as the commentator concluded the documentary, he gave a call to faith. I have no idea what the words were or how long I had been sitting in front of the television. But in a moment, all the people who ever witnessed to me, shared God’s word, loved me unconditionally came rushing through my mind. It was like every face, every word and every feeling of doubt was removed in that instant. With tears streaming down my face, and a need so great my heart ached, I submitted, I asked God to accept me; to let me be His

“Because if you acknowledge and confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and in your heart believe (adhere to, trust in, and rely on the truth) that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” ~Romans 10:9 (Amplified Bible)

It wasn’t pretty, or eloquent or staged; it was genuine and sincere need that rushed through me and an immediate acceptance that was felt. I didn’t feel perfect, but I felt saved, mostly from myself.

Today, as I grow in faith, it isn’t always pretty or eloquent, but the LORD knows it all. His promises and works for me are genuine and sincere to fulfill my every need, and to draw me closer so I can realize the desires of my heart according to His will. Now that is salvation. And every day that I seek Him, and trust Him, it just gets better. Often I am asked, “How did you get here?” It is not an easy answer, but it is simple – listen and obey. I listened when God said to be “thankful daily” and I obey Him by doing so daily. It wasn't until I thanked God every day, and it's because every day I remind myself of what He went through that I can get it. Three years ago, I struggled with all those things, doubt, disbelief, sorrow, depression, anxiety... and one by one I started to give them to Him.  That is what this, the writing, is all about. I have learned, and continue to learn that it is all about Him. It’s all about being transformed through the work of the Holy Spirit.

My friends, He has given you grace, abundant and unlimited grace; give yourself permission to experience it.

“[You should] be exceedingly glad on this account, though now for a little while you may be distressed by trials and suffer temptations,
“So that [the genuineness] of your faith may be tested, [your faith] which is infinitely more precious than the perishable gold which is tested and purified by fire. [This proving of your faith is intended] to redound to [your] praise and glory and honor when Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One) is revealed. 1 Peter 1:6-7 (Amplified Bible)

Salvation is the gift we receive with eternal rewards, but learning to live through all circumstances is the daily gift of God to His children. We are accomplished through Him, all for His glory.

“But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.” ~2  Corinthians 12:9  (New International Version)


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

1 comment:

  1. thankyou for sharing your thoughts I want to surrender all to god but feel i always fall short! I know oneday i will accept the gift without doubt and insecurity!

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me