Translate

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 831 of Giving Thanks

What does it mean to “give it to God”? That eluded me for so long. And, one day, the light bulb went on, and I got it!

For me it means, the electricity goes out, the alarm doesn’t wake me up, no hot water, the clothes in the dryer never dried, wet hair and no blow dryer, the refrigerator is warm, not cold and I am late for work… STOP. PRAY. Pray through the chaos, commotion and emotions. My first thought, “no one died”… so, calm, collected and ready to go to work. The garage door won’t open, cell phone is dead and the house phone is electric, going to be really late to work and no way to let anyone know… STOP. PRAY. Pray through the feelings, anxiety and worry.

Now, this is an illustration, all those things didn’t happen at one time, however, don’t we feel like your world is ending at times when things go wrong? This morning was one of those times… so, what did I do. STOPped thinking and started PRAYing.

Father, overwhelmed in this flesh as I sit and think on how much this world takes. And I am counting on You LORD to show me the direction. With a pile of bills on my left from things that I could not control and too many responsibilities all around me. Let me LORD, give these things to You. Help me to see a way out of all that seems so impossible to my eyes of flesh. Help me know LORD, that Your plan is already set, that the solution is right before. Help me be the example in this time that can cause so much stress. I pray for my marriage, for the financial strains are such a challenge. I pray mighty and faithful God for the wisdom of the Holy Spirit to overflow within me and give me peace. Help me to stop fighting all these feelings and let me reset in the knowledge that You've got this. I am tired Father, I am weary and I need You. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen. Now LORD, as I continue, let me praise all that You have done, all that I have and all that is to come. Thank You Father for amazing mercies and favor beyond comprehension. All things in Jesus' name and in complete gratitude of salvation and life. Amen.

“Therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual sacrifice of praise to God, proclaiming our allegiance to his name.” ~Hebrews 13:15 (New Living Translation)

Once my personal prayer was released and given to He who is the answerer of all prayers, I focused on who “else” I could pray for, checked my inbox, and WOW, all I can say is God knew what I needed to do. My friends, I am learning that it is all about serving the LORD, not asking the LORD. He does want you to tell Him your concerns, cry your heart out and beseech His unending power and strength, but moreover, we get better (heal, grow and flourish) when we give to others as He gave and gives so endlessly to us.

By the time I got to work, I was calm, collected and ready for work.

It's time to stop complaining about your circumstances and allow God to work. Every complaint gives Satan a hold. Talking to myself here too. We have to stop allowing the enemy leverage.

We get out of the habit of complaining by staying in the motive of praying and praising.

Further Instructions“Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.  And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.” ~Colossians 4:2-6 (New International Version)


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me