Translate

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 213 of Giving Thanks

I am finding that blessings are coming in all shapes and sizes. When I started this journey of Giving Thanks Daily in November 2009, I found that my posts were one or two sentences and possibly a paragraph. And, God has made me aware so many blessings as I seek Him, become better and share with others. The list could truly go on and on for what in my life I am grateful for: God, Chris, Myranda, all of my family, my job, my church family, my business, friends (old and new), my home and yes, my health.

The gifts I have received from sharing some of my pain, struggles and hardships have opened my eyes wider than they have ever been before. And through all these times, I am greatly aware that they are with purpose; and change is exposed and embraced. What I see now, and what I had never seen before, is a purposeful past that is leading to a wonderful future. You see, my future is controlled, not by me, or my circumstances, not by the economy or anything else of this world or even by the universe, but by the creator of everything and the universe Himself. My life’s verse is Psalm 139:14 – as doubts throughout my life about who I was were hindering who I could be. And, when you know all these things about the creator; that every detail of everything works perfectly, why, then would I be created any differently.

My job is to stay in step with what He has instructed. He will illuminate the way, and I never have to seek that light as He placed it within me; my guide on this journey is the Holy Spirit; and the path He set before me is never dark, yet it is narrow. Thank You Lord for leading me perfectly!

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~ Psalm 139:14

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog! What a beautiful heartfelt post and one I can relate to!! I look forward to following you here.Please drop by and visit my blogs:
    Simple Blessings and Days Touched By Grace.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linda, I am now following your blogs. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me