Translate

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 233 of Giving Thanks

It is true that in the pain I can see God’s glory. Today I asked for prayer – day 6 of a migraine and all that goes with it. And, so many of you prayed, and I am healed by the knowledge that when two or more come together…. I am very thankful that I can function and even though I would like to sit in a dark room and be quiet and alone, I don’t always have that luxury. Today has been one of those days. As I look at the screen to type this, I am grateful that I can see corners of text and I am pretty good with typing accuracy (not perfect, but good).

I was overwhelmed with the response – I am so grateful for the friendships I have in my life. Relationship is my strongest character trait – I live for it. And, as I get closer to God, I understand more and more what [relation]ship should look like. My past, which is now ashes in the wind, was marred with “feelings” of hurt because of what others did to me, or did not do for me. How much time has been wasted on those feelings? And, by the way anything to do with others, I now believe, strongly and with my entire heart believe, was only what I perceived.

I am grateful for a renewed spirit; a spirit that cannot be taken down by anyone or anything that anyone can say to me or about me. Over the years, I have heard Hector LaMarque say “what anyone else thinks about (or says about me) is none of my business”. And, I pray that I can live that out. Oh, Lord, as I look back on these years of knowing You, and this past year of KNOWING YOU, I am in awe of the work You accomplish. And, I am humbled by the work yet to be done in me. Thank You for the grace revealed and the hope restored. I love you Lord.

"And one thing more: Prepare a guest room for me, because I hope to be restored to you in answer to your prayers." ~Philemon 1:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me