Translate

Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 229 of Giving Thanks


My lesson from yesterday is so fresh in my mind, and as I readied myself to leave for my trip, I again found myself behind – we are on our way now. I sit, as passenger, with worship and praise music in the background – my time with God commences. I can see the scenery go by, at this moment I see acres and rows of grape vines, followed by open rolling hills of dry California oat grass. Along the highway, on either side of the road, are yellow daisies of some kind – a weed but pretty just the same. It is astounding to me that we live in this vast world – a world created by God, for God and overseen by the almighty Himself. I can be so humbled when loosing myself in this knowledge and Him.

I am grateful that the proof of God is all around me. On days, when my faith is less – He shows me something awesome that snaps me back – and other times, it is the simplicity of a moment. It is in my daily life now that I can totally appreciate what God has given me – salvation, of course – but it’s my ability to see things differently now; I allowed Him in; and that is what He truly desires. For, I am here to worship Him, to know joy in my life, to feel his presence so that every day I can show Him to others. What an amazing gift – there is nothing better than hope.

I am grateful for so many things today, that less than a year ago, I was grumbling about. Before God, there was me looking at life as an observer and NOW I am participant. Lord, thank you for Your awesome gift of eternity with you, hope daily, knowing the greatest love ever, laughter and joy. I also thank you for pain, hardship, obstacles and illness for without all these, I could never know the best parts of life – or when to look for them. Father, as I grow – I pray that I can emulate You – that my life is transformed to show how awesome You are.

Today, I rest by knowing Your presence.

"By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible." ~ Hebrews 11:3
"Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made." ~ John 1:13

(New International Version)

© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me