Translate

Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 225 of Giving Thanks

I never could have imagined the changes my life has had over the past year – I feel like my faith, although planted a long time ago, is just now beginning to blossom. For the first time in my life, my faith is attractive, that it is not “having faith” with life  happening and me waiting for the blessings – I am living faithfully, and the blessings have been here all along – I just did not have the eyes to see. And, where I was deaf to what God was saying, I can now hear – and it is not a booming, jump out of your chair type voice; most of the time it is a settling in the heart, a confidence in judgment and nudge toward or push away from something. My decisions are no longer painful, and I am filled with joy as I live my life.

Part of this is that I am confident that no matter where I turn, or end up, it is with God at my side and in my heart that give me the ability to live expectantly.

There are many things that I must do in life and they all take discipline and dedication to accomplish. As I work to form the best practices or good habits for all areas of my life, I am grateful that although the steps I am taking are not clearly identified, they are certain to deliver me safely to my destinations; and the accidental short cuts, unforeseen detours, wrong turns, as well as the perfect routes will all be overseen by the ultimate navigator. I am grateful that I am assured that at the end of this earthly road, there is a destination that is perfect in every way – that the pain here will be wiped away, and in His presence I will spend eternity without another wrong step.

“The LORD said to Moses, Tell Aaron and his sons, 'This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them:The LORD bless you        and keep you;the LORD make his face shine upon you        and be gracious to you;the LORD turn his face toward you        and give you peace.So they will put my name on the Israelites, and I will bless them."~Numbers 6:22-27

He was with the Israelites and I know He is with me too.

© 2009 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me